Thread: Having trouble with Vortech Blown 19 Camaro 10 speed.

Tuner in Training

Having trouble with Vortech Blown 19 Camaro 10 speed.

So I been on this thing for hours and having issues with the timing being way higher than commanded. Luckily the knock sensors are doing their job and bringing it down but I've zero'd out everything in advance and logging every single advance PID. I've messed with driver demand and torque management as well as Virtual Torque and can't seem to get this thing dialed in! Wide open afr is hitting on target 12.5 / .85 however I had to put crazy numbers in the PE table to get there. I'm new to this platform so any help in the right direction would be awesome! Log / Tune attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can already tell ya why it?s off without looking at the tune..

Since you are doing load by rapping the PE table it?s putting your cylinder load all over the place... which in turn is making the tq model feel out Bc airflow model is wrong...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I can already tell ya why it?s off without looking at the tune..

Since you are doing load by rapping the PE table it?s putting your cylinder load all over the place... which in turn is making the tq model feel out Bc airflow model is wrong...
    Ok uhm how do I fix it? lol.

Put it this way, if your target is 12.5 but you have to command 10.41 to reach that target, you have major issues.

The commanded air fuel ratio is just that, commanded.

If the commanded air fuel ratio does not match the actual air fuel ratio do not just rape the PE to get you there. The MAF and VVE control fueling. You should be using a Lambda error or AFR error in the scanner to log how far off you are from the commanded AFR. That will tell you how much fuel you need to add to the MAF/VVE to reach your target.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hey thanks for the reply 5fDP I got the fueling side a lot better however I still have the knock sensors maxed out and the longer the pull the more timing is being pulled. If you see the log the knock is outrageous. I definitely have a lot to learn on this platform. I suspect it's torque related but not sure!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    as mentioned above, tuning your car properly on your MAF and VVE side will get things in line. your PE set it and forget it

hope you have the breakout harness for the centri setup
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 09-15-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    as mentioned above, tuning your car properly on your MAF and VVE side will get things in line. your PE set it and forget it

hope you have the breakout harness for the centri setup
    Hey I'm not sure what you mean by the breakout harness. I did have to get a harness to convert to the ZL1 MAP sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to get a break out harness for your baro sensor in your maf. Look at your log, its updating the baro while in boost which is not accurate. These cars function on P Ratio and having barometric pressure change like that is a huge problem for fueling. Fueling not correct = torque not correct = timing not correct.

Thank god for the those knock sensors...

also your fuel pressure acting funny

you need a breakout harness

not just replace your stock 1 bar map sensor with 3 bar only

Quote Originally Posted by CAMARO416 View Post
    So I been on this thing for hours and having issues with the timing being way higher than commanded. Luckily the knock sensors are doing their job and bringing it down but I've zero'd out everything in advance and logging every single advance PID. I've messed with driver demand and torque management as well as Virtual Torque and can't seem to get this thing dialed in! Wide open afr is hitting on target 12.5 / .85 however I had to put crazy numbers in the PE table to get there. I'm new to this platform so any help in the right direction would be awesome! Log / Tune attached.
    DSX makes a great breakout IAT with a 3bar map that is plug and play you just have to tap the intake with a bung. Solves a lot of problems. Are you running a Wideband?

https://dsxtuning.com/products/iat-b...nt=30058995723

I can send you a tune that I made for a A&A blower V3 Ti on a Vette for reference.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ntract_thrilla View Post
    DSX makes a great breakout IAT with a 3bar map that is plug and play you just have to tap the intake with a bung. Solves a lot of problems. Are you running a Wideband?

https://dsxtuning.com/products/iat-b...nt=30058995723

I can send you a tune that I made for a A&A blower V3 Ti on a Vette for reference.
    The car already has the DSX Breakout harness that's why I'm confused. It's running the 4bar ZL1/ZO6 map sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Your log does not indicate that you have a break out harness.

i think its best you post some pictures of the setup and breakout