Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 F150 3.5 Eco Boost Limiters

Finally got rid of all the limiters! Using the Torque Inverse Calculator, and raising the Engine torque table which lowers the Inverse table eliminates the limiters, but lowers the boost a lot. Next, I returned the Torque & Inverse tables to stock.

Next, I raised the entire LSPI tables to 3, this corrected the Comb Stab Limit and the Tq Reduction > Driver Demand limits. The next WOT run, the Exhaust Temp Control limit showed up. Maxing the Exhaust Temp tables corrected this limiter.

Next WOT run, the Turbo FMEM limiter appeared. By raising the Turbo Charger > Pressure Limits > Outlet Pressure to 40 psi corrected the FMEM limiter.

But still, the boost was low. The fix was to raise the Turbo Charger > Pressure Ratio Based > Pressure Ratio table. The first time I raised it to 3.08, the truck had 238 Kpa manifold pressure @5800 in 2nd gear. So I lowered this table to lower the boost.

But with the current boost, the 94 octane fuel isn't enough. So the owner is getting some Boostane to get to 96 octane.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Maxing out the LSPI tables like that is asking for trouble, I would try to follow the shape that Ford set stock and raise it from there. They limit it in areas where LSPI is an issue.
    I also wouldn't max out the cylinder pressure limits either.

I had the LSPI tables at 1.85 before, but that caused the Comb Stab Limit and the Tq Reduction > Driver Demand limits. The boost is now controlled with the Turbo Charger > Pressure Ratio Based > Pressure Ratio table.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Boost control isn't everything, if the ECU can hit the same load at a lower boost, it will.
    Having the LSPI limit set to max in the powerband is "fine", but outside that is the problem... You don't want to hit a 3.0 airload at less than 1.5k RPM, that's asking for melted pistons or broken rods.

It *might* never be an issue, you're only getting a spike of 2.2 load for a split second, but it's usually a good idea to keep some safeties in place just in case.
    Especially when air charge temps start creeping up, like in your log, 130f MCT is getting up there... I usually try to keep it under 120f.

What changes do you suggest? And there isn't much boost below 2000 RPM with the 122 tune I posted. I also removed the plastic cover in front of the intercooler.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    For safety I probably would put cylinder pressure limit, LSPI Lo and FMEM back to stock, set up LSPI Hi to similar to attached.

I would probably also return torque reduction combustion stability limit fueling back to stock as well, setting that rich will probably cause issues when the ECM is trying to reduce torque and instead of leaning out it might enrichen and do the opposite of what it's trying to do.
    Also the exhaust temp and flange temp VDE tables back to stock, those are for modeling the inferred exhaust component temps and shouldn't be modified (certainly not maxed out), but it would be advantageous to lower them slightly in the upper loads if there is a catback or turboback exhaust (the EGTs will be lower with free flowing exhaust), probably lower by maybe 10%?
    Attached Images Attached Images