Thread: Msd 2 step on turbo car trying to launch with more boost

Advanced Tuner

Msd 2 step on turbo car trying to launch with more boost

I have a 55 belair with a 4.8 and 76mm turbo running on e85. I am running a 4l80e trans with a 3400 stall converter. I am not currently running a transbrake and looking for tunning help trying to launch using footbrake and 2 step to leave with a little more boost. I am set at 2900 rpm right know and can hold it but doubt i can hold much more which is only like 114kpa. I have read bits and pieces on changing timing and plowing more fuel in here in there to try to get the turbo to spool more boost. I would like to here more in detail of suggestions on how to get this all to work. I want this car to to get some better 60' times right know I am only seeing like 2.11 in the 60' running 11.40 and trapping 128mph so I know on the big end it is moving just need to get the 60' down. Thanks In advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay I have been searching and watched a couple videos over the last 2 hours and It seems like if I lower the timing in the section on the map while I am on the 2 step like down to maybe 0-5 degrees of timing will build boost also add fuel in the same section. Then some where else I read that is only on stick cars on auto you actually add timing and subtract fuel. Also from what I can see on the cylinder airmass in timing I will have to flash different tune for when I am driving verse heading to the track. Please help me understand all this better.