Thread: Btr stage 3 tune for 4.8

Btr stage 3 tune for 4.8

Trying to learn how to use hp tuners to pull power out of my 4.8 swapped 91 camaro.2000 4.8 with btr stage 3 v2 cam, 3500 TCI Streetfighter stall, ls6 intake and injectors, built 4l60e is the setup I have in it and I have a good base tune to start from but this is my first time tuning. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I have a 5.3 with a BTR stage 2 V2. do you have it idling good? Wideband? what exactly do you need help with.....

There is various things you need to start with. I would suggest going back in time to the early posts of the GEN 3 section. There is tons of information on how to get you going in the right path. Also, if you really want to learn hands on and kind of get serious....Send me a PM and we can work something out.

Potential Tuner

Would like help on my 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by LSandlteditor View Post
    There is various things you need to start with. I would suggest going back in time to the early posts of the GEN 3 section. There is tons of information on how to get you going in the right path. Also, if you really want to learn hands on and kind of get serious....Send me a PM and we can work something out.
    My truck is a 02 Silverado ext cab with a 5.3 with a stage 3 BTR cam, my truck runs really good at idle, although I can?t get it to run enough in drive, as it wants to turn off every now and then, it also has acceleration problems, I have a base tune on it.