Thread: P59 Silverado Cold Start and die

Advanced Tuner

P59 Silverado Cold Start and die

04 p59 Silverado on 2 bar Sd. For some reason when cold it will start and die. As it comes up to operating temp, it gets a little better, but still pulls down after startup. Has medium cam and Bw turbo. In the logs is looks like afterstartup it slowly goes lean and stalls. I've tried Ol tables, Afterstart intial adders, but no response. Not super familiar with this Gen3 throttle by wire ecm. I must me missing something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    So what controls the afterstart fueling? When I watch this start up with the wideband, it starts great, but after about a .5 second or so it goes lean and stalls. On 2nd start attempt it will do the same thing but barely catch itself and then fueling seems to catch itself. So Which table is needing attention to keep this from happening?

Main VE controls after start fueling. Your MAP sensor should read around 100 kpa with key on. It's reading 50 kpa.

Advanced Tuner
    Map sensor is reading 100 kpa Koeo. It's 2 bar sd. It's 50kpa when its running, then it dies and goes to 100kpa. If it's cold, isn't there afterstart/open loop tables until o2 heats up and can provide correct trims? It starts and idles for about 1.5 seconds at .90 lambda then goes off charts lean and dies. But when it is warm, it will catch itself and idle at target. Theres only a brief moment when it goes off the charts lean and die. If it can stay idling through the momentary lean spot it returns to target. When it is warmed up it idles at a .99 lambda with St trims off.