Thread: c5 with ls3 going lean repeatedly when accelerating

Tuner in Training

c5 with ls3 going lean repeatedly when accelerating

Hey guys, I just killed myself for the past month on my firstever build. It's a 2000 Corvette with an ls3 with a cam, modded heads, modded intake, 25% ud pulley, all the bolt on's. Finally finished it up, got the 500 miles on the new clutch and took it to my tuner for the street/dyno tuning. Very excited to say the least. Unfortunately, when the guy got back from the drive, he said it was going lean at WOT and we could not strap it down until I sorted that out. His suggestions were: vacuum leak, bad throttle body, dying fuel pump, or poor workmanship on the intake porting. So a week later I have completed the following to try and correct this: 1. smoke tested the intake system. I did find a couple of small leaks in the pcv system and fixed it...no change. 2. check fuel pressure and it never dropped below 56.5 psi at WOT, 3. swapped out the brand new delphi front o2's with brand new delphi rear sensors positioned in front with adapters per LG Motorports instructions for their LT headers...no change 4. replaced the MAF with brand new delphi...no change. 5. replaced the intake manifold with brand new LS3 oem unit...no change. 6. took the LS2 silver blade throttle body off and put on a stock ls1...no change. The only other thing that I have read on the webs to do is check for exhaust leaks. My system is brand new and not making any noise that would indicate a leak. I'm starting to think that the tuner has missed something. Can you guys check out my tune and log and give some advice please???
    Thank you all in advance.
    pull3.hpl
    pull1.hpl
    street tune w added calc airmass.hpt
    Last edited by mddrip; 09-15-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Did your tooner put the MAF fail high setting in the engine diag tab to 4,500hz by chance?

This tune is currently setup to run MAF only and if the MAF is set to fail at 4,500hz, we are going to have a problem. Put that back to stock and go for another run.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did your tooner put the MAF fail high setting in the engine diag tab to 4,500hz by chance?

This tune is currently setup to run MAF only and if the MAF is set to fail at 4,500hz, we are going to have a problem. Put that back to stock and go for another run.
    Wow!!!! Thank you so much! That has got to be it! I will correct that and drive it tomorrow to confirm. Will post back. I'm very excited now!