Thread: Louder Start up/coldstart any help.

Potential Tuner

Louder Start up/coldstart any help.

after the 4l80e swap cold starts arent the same any more . truck turn on lazy no flare nothing want a nice aggresive start up ..... but need help modifying the idle/startup parameter .. any help will be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

I guess I don't understand how a transmission change is going to make your cold starts any different.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    sooo true man sorry for the confusion ... i changed my base idle to 1k rpms but still doesn't take affect would u happen to know how much on the airflow do i add multiply b .5 maybe ?

I have no idea.

You haven't even said anything about what this vehicle is and what you have done to it.

All I can see is that this is a 8.1 tune file that is now running a 5.3.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    okay sooo its a 02 avalanche 5.3 4l80e shift kit accumaltor block off plate 3200 stall circle d 3.73 gears longtubes flowmaster flowfx straight back rocket ship style cai has 180k miles used the 8.1 avy tune file to do the swap

post a log and describe the issue your exactly dealing with. Is it not commanding 1000rpm upon startup? What is the temp when you attempt to startup? Cold start at a 1000 rpm stops at 68Degrees on engine coolant temp on your idle table.

Potential Tuner
    i turn it on and it just turns on at 600 rpms and stays there it used to spike to 1k rpms holds it for like 15 secs then gradually idle down but ima report back any pids that u may want me to log just rpms and air mass coolant temp maybe also thanks man for the help really appreciated

Curious as to why you used a 8.1 base tune instead of just using your stock tune and doing the 4L80e segment swap.

Potential Tuner
    couldnt find a os compatible for a 02 dbw throttle body looks like the corvette one red blue plug and 4l80e os id 12209203 on my stock file

Advanced Tuner
    if you want more flare when you start it add more friction air or start up air or a combo of both.