Thread: 4.3L V6 Perfomance

Potential Tuner

4.3L V6 Perfomance

I have a 06 Silverado with a 4.3L Vortec in it. I've really been looking for some kind of tuner/programmer/chip or anything to help boost its performance. I'm not all that much into gaining HP, I just mainly want better gas mileage.

So does anyone have any recommendations for products to try? I know there are all kinds of tuners and programmers out there but its hard to find em for a V6 truck. I've heard people say to get the software changed on it but I don't know much about that so if anybody could help me out there I'd appreciate it.

And one more. thinking of getting a soft tonneau cover for my '06 Silverado short box like in this page https://truckpowerup.com/best-tonnea...for-silverado/, anybody has any info or experience with these. I'm kinda thinking about the extang fulltilt because you can either roll it up or tilt the whole thing up like a hard tonneau.

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by Ngusau; 10-05-2020 at 02:40 AM.
    Jack

To be honest here, your driving style and how fast you drive is going to do more for fuel mileage than a tune will. Trying to squeak out even 1 or 2 mpg is a very tall task with a tune alone.

Or you can go the route of lightweight wheels and re-gear to more of a highway gear to lower the rpms at freeway speeds. Doing the gears would make it slower getting up to speed though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.