Thread: 06 crown vic scanning problems

Potential Tuner

06 crown vic scanning problems

Good day all
    I am doing a crown vic swap to a 63 f100. I aquired the donor car which was running. I was able to scan the car and unlock and copy the tune. I checked PATS and it was already turned off. I cut the wires in the PCM harness and the donor still started and ran as before, so I feel real confident this is NOT a PATS issue. I even was able to clear codes as it had a P0301.
    Fast forward a year, engine and trans in, wire harness modified with the help of a ford factory wire diagram book.
    Engine will start and sometimes hunt,then shut off, other times it runs for two or three seconds and shuts off. No throttle resonse while running, but plate does move with key on.
    Bigger issue is that now HPTuners will not scan the PCM.
    Also, I cannot open the tune in VCM editor.
    All the other tunes I have will open, and I can scan other vehicles with no issues. I have downloaded what I think is the latest drivers.
    I have checked and double checked the wiring fm PCM to obd port. It has power and grounds and purple wire connected to pcm.
    So, the biggest issue for is not being able to open tune and not being able to scan.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever get issue resolved? I seem to be having same issue. Made an 08 harness standalone and cannot get anything to read PCM. All wires seem to be hooked up as they should be. Can put ECU in an actual vic and it works fine.

Tuner in Training
    Both of you, check all fuses and check if a normal scan tool can read the OBD port. This is likely a wiring issue not an HPtuners issue