Thread: 08 Mustang 3V 2-step launch problem

Potential Tuner

08 Mustang 3V 2-step launch problem

Hey everyone! New to HP Tuners and tuning in general.

I was toying around with setting up a launch control for my Mustang. I followed the steps shown in a video for 11 and up Mustangs and got it working. This was done by setting the neutral rpm limit to where I wanted it, and setting the neutral rpm limit cutoff to 1mph.

The neutral rpm limit shuts off after launching and going over 1mph like it should. But the problem is that it seems the clutch release switch overrides the 1mph cutoff.

At any speed if I push in the clutch it will default to the neutral rpm limit.

Is there a way to disable the clutch pedal switch with VCM Editor?

If not it's no big deal as I figured it was an easy project to get started on.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    good question. Following

Tuner in Training
    Exact same issue over here. I suspect Ford re-used the circuitry that the Park safety switch in an auto rides on so it completely over rides the roll out speed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cshick909 View Post
    Hey everyone! New to HP Tuners and tuning in general.

I was toying around with setting up a launch control for my Mustang. I followed the steps shown in a video for 11 and up Mustangs and got it working. This was done by setting the neutral rpm limit to where I wanted it, and setting the neutral rpm limit cutoff to 1mph.

The neutral rpm limit shuts off after launching and going over 1mph like it should. But the problem is that it seems the clutch release switch overrides the 1mph cutoff.

At any speed if I push in the clutch it will default to the neutral rpm limit.

Is there a way to disable the clutch pedal switch with VCM Editor?

If not it's no big deal as I figured it was an easy project to get started on.

Thanks!
    I don?t know if you can disable it in the suite but you could always unplug the physical switch itself. I doubt you?d accidentally start it without pushing the clutch anyways.

Tuner in Training

Wink

I read your post several times incase you mentioned this table, But did u edit the Neutral Exit Speed? stock its 127, you can try lowering it to 1-2mph, If you did that and i didn't understand my bad Edit: also the Neutral Min and Max Load could be influencing it.