Thread: Can't Read File 2009 Chevy Silverado E35 - 12628594.hpt

Tuner in Training

Can't Read File 2009 Chevy Silverado E35 - 12628594.hpt

Just installed Software and I Can't Read File 2009 Chevy Silverado E35 - 12628594.hpt . Where can I get a replacement file ?
    Where are the Repository files for Gen3 , I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0l Gas.
    Is the EGR valve on all the time and at 100% ?
    A long time ago I could climb a mountain grade with lots of power, Just like I was a Turbo Diesel, But now It's like I have a 3 cylinder air cooled engine for power. Unplugged the EGR valve and got back that power again. shouldn't the EGR valve turn off at WOT for performance ?
    Thanks for any help......

No idea why you can't read the 2009 file.

The Tune repository is on your customer page, so you need to log in on the main website to get to it.

And the EGR will not be on at wide open throttle, it's only going to want to operate at cruising speeds. You may have a bad EGR if it works way better when you unplug it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't set error codes egr valve wears out then I replace it.... Error code when I replace it says egr valve turned off for performance... only once for a long time.... Any time I drive, part throttle and full throttle empty and Towing a trailer 10,000 GVRW same all the time 100% valve. That seems wrong, never part throttle cruze is it 25% or 50%... I think something is wrong with computer or a value change like Ramp up value ?
    Brand new erg valve is on it now.....No diagnostic codes set....

Beats me.

Just delete it and turn it off in the tune. There is a reason GM got rid of the EGR after 2001, it's not needed for anything.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Information Overload

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Beats me.

Just delete it and turn it off in the tune. There is a reason GM got rid of the EGR after 2001, it's not needed for anything.
    Well the EGR is used to reduce oxides of nitrogen that turn into nitric acid with water vapor in the Atmosphere. Oxides of nitrogen are caused by high combustion pressures and temperatures if you use exhaust gases during the combustion in the cylinder the temperatures of combustion are reduced. I do not know the percentage of exhaust gases in a cylinder if the EGR valve is 100% open. If there is 10% exhaust gases in each cylinder then the engine size is reduced by 10%, 364 CID displacement engine would be like 327 CID. Someone told me that if you put 10 gallons of premium in your tank then fill it with regular gas you get more MPG than it does work during the summer only, not during the winter. This is because the exhaust gases are 1000? temperature and it makes the ambient air temperature hotter and the engine will ping and the computer will do knock retard and if you give it a little more octane it will keep the ignition timing more advanced so the engine can build higher cylinder pressures to get more energy of the fuel for each combustion event. And it does work, instead of getting 8.5 miles a gallon towing a travel trailer you can get 9, 9.5, 10 or 10.5 MPG. I have done this. The EPA wants zero oxides of nitrogen emissions because these nitric acid's will change the PH of the soil and all plant life will die and then animals will die and then people will die. The diesel exhaust fluid approach is utterly genius zero nox emissions with diesel engines using oxidizing catalytic converters. Why don't they use this on gasoline engines? The de-ionized distilled water and urea react when sprayed in the hot exhaust pipe before the catalytic converter and makes ammonia this ammonia De-oxidizes oxides of nitrogen then produces H2O.

Why didn't they keep it if it helps so much?

The calibrations changed when the EGR was removed and you could get the same fuel mileage or better without the EGR.

The diesel thing is a can of worms. The late 80's to mid 2000's diesel trucks got better fuel mileage than many of the newer diesel trucks with DPF and DEF. It also burns more fuel just to run the regen cycle on the DPF so what is it really saving?

It costs more money as it is using more fuel and that is more fuel being required to produce. Then to produce more fuel causes even more emissions.

5F, I think you are talking to a very strange spambot here and not an actual human.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not a spam-bot......

Tuner in Training
    For GMC Pu 2001 :

Single vehicle licenses will work only with the specific vehicles VCM/ECM/PCM you have locked the license to.
    – Replacing the VCM/ECM/PCM will require relicensing.
    Year/Model type licenses will work on an unlimited number of vehicles of that particular model and year.
    Unlimited vehicle group licenses will allow you to tune all vehicles that fall under that vehicle group category.

What is the price for Unlimited vehicle group licenses will allow you to tune all vehicles that fall under that vehicle group category ?