Thread: Aem wideband 30-0334 keep disappearing

Tuner in Training

Aem wideband 30-0334 keep disappearing

Anyone know how to slove this issue? I'm trying to get a remote tune,I add the AEM wideband to the channels and try to the log the car is WB channel dissapears. Also noticed it has a lock sign? with a key next to the AEM but does not have the lock sign when the I don't scan the vehicle . Tried beta and updating hp. Any ideas? 2020 camaro
    Edit* I think I was using the wrong channel but I'm sure the correct channel is under engine/unknown devices/and wb eq1 and 2 but these are not on my vcm scanner. Any way to get this to work.
    Last edited by MRLT1CAMARO; 09-17-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Adding info

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRLT1CAMARO View Post
    Anyone know how to slove this issue? I'm trying to get a remote tune,I add the AEM wideband to the channels and try to the log the car is WB channel dissapears. Also noticed it has a lock sign? with a key next to the AEM but does not have the lock sign when the I don't scan the vehicle . Tried beta and updating hp. Any ideas? 2020 camaro
    Edit* I think I was using the wrong channel but I'm sure the correct channel is under engine/unknown devices/and wb eq1 and 2 but these are not on my vcm scanner. Any way to get this to work.
    I was tuning a 2017 Camaro SS. I had to make sure the WB was on before I fired up the scanner and connected. If it still deosnt show, repoll.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I was tuning a 2017 Camaro SS. I had to make sure the WB was on before I fired up the scanner and connected. If it still deosnt show, repoll.
    I have tried everything . Been trying to datalog for 2 days. Put in a ticket and hpt and they are looking into it. Basicly I don't have the wb in the channels. Not sure if I should get arid of the obd wb and get the pro version with a wb wired in.

Advanced Tuner
    Does the WB show up in the info log ?
    Have you changed any settings on the gauge ?

Tuner in Training
    I don't see the any wb in the log and have changed anything in the AEM gauge. I also just saw where you posted about possiblly having the wrong firmware installed in the wb. I don't have the obd2 option in the gauge but only have can

I have the gauge in my 2016 Silverado and it picks it right up when I re-poll for supported parameters. I used the WB EQ1 channel like it says.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have the gauge in my 2016 Silverado and it picks it right up when I re-poll for supported parameters. I used the WB EQ1 channel like it says.
    I have no idea what's going on. I have searched every channel and see nothing.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have the CAN menu instead of the OBD2 menu, your gauge has the wrong firmware. You need to send it back to AEM to be re-flashed/replaced.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    If you have the CAN menu instead of the OBD2 menu, your gauge has the wrong firmware. You need to send it back to AEM to be re-flashed/replaced.
    I did hold in the the 2 buttons on the AEM while powering up and came up 0300 so thimk it's definitely the wrong frimware.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if that test is dispositive. The 30-0334 identifies itself to the scanner as a 30-0300 because the original OBDII gauge was a modified 30-0300. The ID in VCMScanner was never changed.

So, the display, at start-up, might, still, say 30-0300 on a 30-0334. Not, sure.

But, if you have the CAN menu instead of the OBD2 menu, you, 100%, have the wrong firmware.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I don't know if that test is dispositive. The 30-0334 identifies itself to the scanner as a 30-0300 because the original OBDII gauge was a modified 30-0300. The ID in VCMScanner was never changed.

So, the display, at start-up, might, still, say 30-0300 on a 30-0334. Not, sure.

But, if you have the CAN menu instead of the OBD2 menu, you, 100%, have the wrong firmware.
    @ dr.mike you are the man. Ordered a new wideband and everything is working fine now. I'll send my old one back to AEM then eventually run a dual WB set up . Once again I appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    Ok but guys I have the OBD2 on my gauge an not "Can" I repolled it at least 10 times And I still have a lock on my WB EQ, now it doesnt even show (SAE), when it did it disappeared!! I've searched an searched an found nothing.. Need help guys! Any other options?