Thread: 2016 F-150 pedal characteristics

Advanced Tuner

2016 F-150 pedal characteristics

I am working on my 2016 5.0 F150. I was curious if it were possible to use one of the "tow/haul" or "sport" modes to tune the throttle for more inclement weather without having to change the calibration seasonally.

The 3 options in the calibration are "normal" "sport/track" and "snow/wet".

The button on the column shifter only gives "sport" and "tow/haul". I assume these are just different names for the same thing. does that sound right?

Im going to mess with it regardless but I figured id see if anyone else has come across similar. I just want to have a mode that will have a longer throttle and probably upshift sooner for when its slippery and not have to re-flash back and forth when it isnt.

I dont like asking HPT to add or change anything if I can work with it as is.

Stock file is attached to look at if needed.
    f150 stock.hpt

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Update. ?Snow/wet? pedal map corresponds to the tow/haul mode. All good!

Truck is very mild mannered in that mode now.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not seeing it. Could you give a map to what you did?

IE: engine<torque<driver managment<?????

or what you did

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I dont have HPT in front of me currently, but it was in the same tab as driver demand. there are 3 "pedal characteristics" tables.

I may have posted that I had it licked too soon because it isnt quite doing what id expect in tow/haul mode but maybe its just me. I need to actually do a datalog and pay some attention to the pedal data while doing it. I did it on the way to work and by the way it felt it seemed like it worked but im not convinced completely yet. I also cant seem to get around the tow/haul shift pattern even with all of the base files copied into the the ones I can see for tow/haul in the trans section.

Big part of the problem is that I had about 45 seconds to spend on it lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    I'm not seeing it. Could you give a map to what you did?

IE: engine<torque<driver managment<?????

or what you did

Thanks
    Its under Engine>Torque Management>Driver Demand>Pedal Characteristics . Tables are Normal, Sport/Track, Snow/Wet .
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Still not seeing it. Would you copy the snow table to the sport mode?

How would that affect the tow/haul mode?