Thread: 6L80E with Zero Gravity TCM-2650 in limp home mode

Potential Tuner

6L80E with Zero Gravity TCM-2650 in limp home mode

Hey guys, I have a 1965 Impala with a 434C.I. small block, Holley Sniper EFI, 6l80E controlled by a PCS TCM-2650 from Zero Gravity Performance. I had the TCM flashed with a 2010 Corvette calibration (to use the lokar shifter with tap shift). The trans OS is 24254909. My problem is that the transmisson stays in limp home mode and has a U0101 DTC. I tried checking off the dtc as no error reported hoping that the trans would then operate normally. That did not work. My diag guy told me that he thinks the OS in the TCM-2650 doesn't match up with the TCM, so I wanted to try segment swapping a 2008 OS into the TCM 2650 but there isn't even an option to segment swap when I open the tunes in VCM editor. Has anybody in here used the Zero Gravity unit? Or does anybody know anything that I can do with Hptuners to correct this issue?

Potential Tuner
    I guess i should of mentioned that I've been on team viewer with Jim from Zero Gravity and have came to a dead end. I have a mobile programming guy that does all of my initial flashes and he thinks the model year from the tcm and the tcm-2650 are different and they cant talk causing the U0100.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiele View Post
    I guess i should of mentioned that I've been on team viewer with Jim from Zero Gravity and have came to a dead end. I have a mobile programming guy that does all of my initial flashes and he thinks the model year from the tcm and the tcm-2650 are different and they cant talk causing the U0100.

In LS conversions that use an OEM ECM mated with a T43 TCM (6L80 / 6L90), the presence of a U0100 DTC (and / or several other DTCs) is indicative of a failure to communicate between the ECM and the TCM. As an example, this will occur if someone tries to use a 2007 E38 ECM with a 2012 T43 TCM.

Zero Gravity should be able to tell you which T43 TCM operating systems are compatible with their TCM-2650 controller, and which are not. Ideally, their controller would be compatible with all T43 TCM operating systems.

If Zero Gravity has no idea - then they did not conduct enough R & D before taking people's money for a semi complete product.

Advanced Tuner
    what was the original trans os. it's possible the os just isnt compatible with the original tcm.

Potential Tuner
    24254909 is the OS. I was finally able to get it to work. What worked for me was to set the U0100 DTC to no error reported but then i had to do a write entire. The U0100 kept coming back with just a write calibration for some reason.

Advanced Tuner
    i had 1 that would go into limp mode from a power relay dtc code.

same sort of deal

kmiele Thanks!!! been battling this for a short while. I have been trying with an orignal ecu to try and trick it... your method certainly did the trick.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Marco Delorenzis; 09-30-2020 at 11:41 PM.