Thread: Turned off speed limiter & it still cuts out at 100mph???

Tuner in Training

Turned off speed limiter & it still cuts out at 100mph???

Hey Guys,
    I am looking for help with my speedo dropping out at 100mph. I have an E67 with LSA in a 2nd Gen Camaro. The E67 and FSCM are the only GM controllers in the car.

I have read a few posts on this topic (including [email protected] "sticky" posts) and they state:

"Go to SPEEDO, LIMITER tab. Under GENERAL change the Source from GMLAN to Calibration. Under LIMITS, change Speed Limit Comm Fail to the desired speed."

Per the screen shot attached, I set the Source to [Calibration] and increased all the limits to [194/318]mph.
    The speedo still drops to 0 at 100mph (the scanner's [Vehicle Speed] trace also drops).

Speed Limiter.png

Looking for help to fix this issue. I used [Write Calibration] when I flashed the controller (not [Write Entire]). My Vehicle Speed Output is also set to [Serial].
    I appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

Senior Tuner
    Did you change speed limiter 2 as well?

Tuner in Training
    I left speed limiter 2 alone. It is set at 217mph (see attached).Speed Limiter2.png

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad68ls View Post
    I left speed limiter 2 alone. It is set at 217mph (see attached).Speed Limiter2.png
    Well I am no tuner I am just a tuner in training just like it says but I think your enable rpm is too high but that's just my thoughts wait until an expert answers you

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad68ls View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I am looking for help with my speedo dropping out at 100mph. I have an E67 with LSA in a 2nd Gen Camaro. The E67 and FSCM are the only GM controllers in the car.

I have read a few posts on this topic (including [email protected] "sticky" posts) and they state:

"Go to SPEEDO, LIMITER tab. Under GENERAL change the Source from GMLAN to Calibration. Under LIMITS, change Speed Limit Comm Fail to the desired speed."

Per the screen shot attached, I set the Source to [Calibration] and increased all the limits to [194/318]mph.
    The speedo still drops to 0 at 100mph (the scanner's [Vehicle Speed] trace also drops).

Speed Limiter.png

Looking for help to fix this issue. I used [Write Calibration] when I flashed the controller (not [Write Entire]). My Vehicle Speed Output is also set to [Serial].
    I appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks!
    Jeff
    Hover over...
    Speedo - Limiter - Conditions - Enable RPM

You have it set to 7000.

"Speed Limiter will DISABLE BELOW this RPM to prevent stalling"

Try dropping this down to 2000 RPM

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSlug View Post
    Hover over...
    Speedo - Limiter - Conditions - Enable RPM

You have it set to 7000.

"Speed Limiter will DISABLE BELOW this RPM to prevent stalling"

Try dropping this down to 2000 RPM
    I set the speed limiter ENABLE to 7000, which basically means that I am completely disabling the speed limiter (which is what I intended to do).

I figured out how to fix the issue.... in the SPEEDO section under [Calibration] tab, I changed the [Vehicle Speed Output] from [Serial] to [RepTOS]. The speedo no longer drops out.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Jeff