Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it possible RTT doesn't work on certain ECMs?

Where can I find out what the truth is on this? It's fairly important I know what all changes with this sd tune OS.
    Last edited by TTVert; 09-20-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Anyone?

You can do your own testing with this stuff if you want, that's kinda what this is for.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

testing to know what aditional function of their customized OS is or what has changed? No thanks, I'd like details as to what exactly is changed, modified and referenced in their custom OS (Think changelog). I assumed there would be better details on this. Perhaps I just need to call them. To test I converted a functional stock tune to the SD enhanced (RTT) OS and the car won't start. Yes, I flashed everything, not just the tune. Injector PW is non existent (1ms). The exact same tune (With MAF enhanced RTT) allows this vehicle to start/run just fine. Did a comparison of two files and they are identical. The second I flash the custom OS w/ the stock tune w/ no changes this no start occurs so there is some setting within this custom OS being referenced for 2000 Y bodies I am unaware of. That's as far as I'm going to test until I have more info.

Dave
    Last edited by TTVert; 09-21-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Email support, there is no phone number.

Even try the 2 bar OS with 1 bar MAP settings, see if that works for you.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

good call, i'll try that one next. That one I know will max the values of VE table so it won't start...

Dave

Sadly, same deal w/ the 2 bar. Injectors only fire for a sec and then down to nothing. Swapped OS back to the MAF enhanced RTT and all is well. Including a few startup logs. One is a 1 bar startup attempt, one a 2 bar startup attempt and the 3rd is an actual startup MAF enchanced for a control.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The 2 bar one has the MAP pegged at 105kpa, possible you didn't switch back to the 1 bar MAP settings there.

Is VATS still enabled at all??

I didn't mess w/ it in the 2 bar as i don't think it'd keep it from starting (It's not pegged but 105 is about atmospheric pressure which is normal w/ a vehicle off) and it exhibits the same behavior w/ the 1 bar. But i do see what you mean about it not moving off of 105 at all I do have VATS enabled, is that an issue because the OS is a custom OS? I had thought it could be some theft cutoff but I figured it wouldn't matter.

Dave
    Last edited by TTVert; 09-21-2020 at 10:06 PM.

The 2 bar OS changes the linear and offset settings to 200/10.33 and if the stock MAP requires 94/10.33 it won't run right.

I always disabled VATS on upgraded OS's to prevent weird issues with it. A VATS issue will let it run for 1-2 seconds and cut off the injectors.

nah but should still run. Something was cutting the injectors and I just went out and flashed a disabling VATS SD tune and it fixed that. Problem is I need VATS lol. Does that mean I'm SOL here?

Maybe. I turn VATS off on everything that old, so I don't have that problem.

Last thing I want if for someone to tell me that they tried to turn their car/truck on in the parking lot and the security light just starts flashing because VATS went haywire or the chip in the key went bad. I never have a problem with VATS on newer vehicles so I don't touch it there.

Thanks, i'll reach out to HPT and see what they say. I would hope that there is a workaround to utilize such a vital piece of the vehicle (at least for me).

Dave