Thread: VE tuning need help

Potential Tuner

VE tuning need help

So I LS1 swapped my BMW. The mods I did were 1 5/8 short headers, LS6 Dorman Rep intake, 36lb Bosch injectors and a BTR stage 2 N/A for cam for LS1/LS2. Cam specs are 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2
    I'm pretty new to tuning but I have the basics down decently however I figured If ask before I damage my car lol
    Whenever I fail the MAF to tune the VE tables (starting with a stock C5 Corvette VE table) it runs like absolute complete sin and runs so rich I have gas and black soot coming out my exhaust when I assumed it would be lean with all that air flow and no fuel to compensate. Also, after about 5 minutes at idle, my exhaust pipes behind my tiny high flow cats becomes slightly red hot. None of this happens when running off the MAF only. My injectors are also scaled up in the tune.
    Basically what I'm asking is, what are some opinions of people more informed than me on what I should do to begin safely tuning my VE. Ive heard about leaning it out about 30% at idle because of the efficiency of the cam being low at low rpm but Im unsure

You say the injectors are scaled up but does that actually mean you plugged in all the correct data for them.

Changing the injector flow rate is not enough. The flow rate, offset vs volts, min injector pulse and short pulse add all must be changed for the larger injectors. If you don't have that data, you need to get it or get injectors that do.

Without the tune and log files with a wideband I can't see what you have done yet.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Okay, youre right, I only upped my flow rate. I'll contact texas speed so they can hopefully fill me in on the rest. Once I get that sorted, I'll get you a log and tune file. Hopefully this weekend

What injectors are they exactly? Did they supply you with all the data you need? I highly recommend just swapping over to an LS3/LS7 fuel injector set, you would need height adapters and EV6 adapters which isnt more than $50.00. Nothing and I repeat nothing beats General Motors Injector Data. The ls3/7 injectors are rated at 42 lb/hr and will be plenty, and if you dig hard enough you can find the spreadsheet that converts it to LS1 format. PM me if you need help

Potential Tuner
    The injectors are a Bosch pn 0 280 158 227 and they come up online as a 35lb injector, 12 ohm ford part. Ev6 connector and I have the adapters for Ev1 already. I'm steady trying to contact Texas speed (I bought the Inj's from them) but my work schedule is getting in the way rn lol I believe the main issue, currently, is the minimum inj. pulse time. The 26.8lb (factory) injectors were 1.377ms and all the 36*lb injectors I'm seeing are in the .83 range so they've gotta be just dumping fuel but I cant find these exact injectors. I'll for sure look into some LS3 injectors though if I can grab em' for a decent price tho

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Bim View Post
    The injectors are a Bosch pn 0 280 158 227 and they come up online as a 35lb injector, 12 ohm ford part. Ev6 connector and I have the adapters for Ev1 already. I'm steady trying to contact Texas speed (I bought the Inj's from them) but my work schedule is getting in the way rn lol I believe the main issue, currently, is the minimum inj. pulse time. The 26.8lb (factory) injectors were 1.377ms and all the 36*lb injectors I'm seeing are in the .83 range so they've gotta be just dumping fuel but I cant find these exact injectors. I'll for sure look into some LS3 injectors though if I can grab em' for a decent price tho

Got some ls3 injectors in stock, and if you need help tuning the car, feel free to give me a Private message. We can work something out.