Thread: 2020 F-150 SD Help

Advanced Tuner

2020 F-150 SD Help

I was brought a 2020 F-150 5.0 to install a ported GT350 intake with the IMRC deleted, a PMAS intake and e85. The truck cam factory flex fuel.

I have the parts installed, and I am having trouble with the SD calculator not seeming to have any effect on the fueling in the truck.

Has anyone else run across this, or does anyone have any pointers that I might be missing as far as the SD tuning goes? This is my first MAP based Ford that I have messed with, so there is a bit of a learning curve here.

I attached the tune, which is just the stock file with the IMRC removed and the VCT OP tables adjusted.

Thanks

2020 F150 base.hpt

Can you post a log of what your data logging?

The SD tool is a best fit model, it can get you with in 3-5% and that's about it.

If your trying to adjust SD you will need to disable all of the lambda modifiers (power enrichment, dcfco, cat protection, ect) and I found it best to do this on gasoline/e10 vs e85...

Once you get is close, your fueling correction can take care of the rest

Advanced Tuner
    Definitely best to do it on e10 imo since it?s a consistent fuel (unless you can test the tank to verify). Also I would turn off flex fuel while doing it. I?m not sure you need to, but it?s one less variable and then make sure the stoich is correct for whatever fuel is in it.

The way I did it on mine was to graph a log of fuel trims in the same table in scanner as the speed density calculator in the editor. (Map vs rpm) Then a nice long log to fill it out rinse and repeat. And use the trim data to modify the speed density editor for each mapped point.

I eventually want to lock one mapped point at a time, but I set it to filter it to anything >75% just to get me close for times sake. I don?t use that many mapped points anyway. Make sure you set it to a higher number of cell hits too so it doesnt plot erroneous numbers. I locked it in I think third and did a step log so I had nice consistent throttle a few times on a nice long road. Then wot etc. my trims are within 2-3% in most places now. Good enough lol.