Thread: Gm E01 ECM Unlock

Tuner in Training

Gm E01 ECM Unlock

HPTuners ,

Do yall have a rough schedule of this ecu being unlocked for editing? This ecu would cover the cadillac ct4, ct4v, ct5, silverado 2.7t, and cadillac xt4 so car to my knowledge.

Really interested to see it unlocked for the ct4v as I believe there's tons of potential in the platform.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryansalazan View Post
    HPTuners ,

Do yall have a rough schedule of this ecu being unlocked for editing? This ecu would cover the cadillac ct4, ct4v, ct5, silverado 2.7t, and cadillac xt4 so car to my knowledge.

Really interested to see it unlocked for the ct4v as I believe there's tons of potential in the platform.

Thanks!
    Im willing to bet it will come soon enough BUT Im also willing to bet the C8 Corvette unlock will come first...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I wouldn't hold my breath for anything GM 2021+...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Seriously? Yall giving up on 2021+?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Really? But for a 2020 model? I have a ct4v and its got a ton of potential being boost is so low at redline and unless cold temps are out is ok but holds alot back. Do you think a 2020 would be in the works? Man thats really sad about after 2021. Is everything just going to be completely locked and not able to break open? I know the e99 and e87 I believe for the 2019 plus silverados have been unlocked. But they are in the same family as the E01 so figured it could be opened up eventually?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Really? But for a 2020 model? I have a ct4v and its got a ton of potential being boost is so low at redline and unless cold temps are out is ok but holds alot back. Do you think a 2020 would be in the works? Man thats really sad about after 2021. Is everything just going to be completely locked and not able to break open? I know the e99 and e87 I believe for the 2019 plus silverados have been unlocked. But they are in the same family as the E01 so figured it could be opened up eventually?
    Contact support directly, we can check to see if we support any of the applications you are after.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Seriously? Yall giving up on 2021+?
    We've seen the future of GM and its not pretty.

Tuner in Training
    Bill what about for the 2020 models? Like my car? Lol is that possibly going to be cracked? At least I pray so lol.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill what about for the 2020 models? Like my car? Lol is that possibly going to be cracked? At least I pray so lol.
    Contact support directly, we can check to see if we support any of the applications you are after.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Is there any manufacture who isn't and doesn't have any plans to incorporate module to module encryption, locked bootloader, etc. type stuff at all? Isn't every manufacturer doing the same thing for 2020 on up? It makes sense given all the modules and ECMs are being supplied by the same supplier, bascially Bosch I would think.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    Is there any manufacture who isn't and doesn't have any plans to incorporate module to module encryption, locked bootloader, etc. type stuff at all? Isn't every manufacturer doing the same thing for 2020 on up? It makes sense given all the modules and ECMs are being supplied by the same supplier, bascially Bosch I would think.
    They all have their ways, each different from the next, some harder than the next.