Thread: 2019 3.5 10r80 skip shift

2019 3.5 10r80 skip shift

Is there a easy way to do this? I hate the thing on light throttle skipping gears. Too much of a delay if it slips into 3rd before the downshift to second if i nail it.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    yes
    heres my stock file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Thanks!! Ill load him up and try it

gump2388,
    Did you try it? What did you think?
    I am probably going to do that to a few friends' Raptors very soon if people like it.

Why does your friend want to get rid of skip shift?

He did not ask for it. With 10 gears, skipping a few with that much torque is probably not that important in such low load situations... but if people like the change, of course I want to offer it to my friends that have Raptors.

I went ahead and flashed it for one of them today along with some other TCM changes. We'll see what he things.

So we loaded that up in my friend's Raptor. He really likes the improvement except for the strangely high 3>4. Since it does not skip when the TCM expects it those settings have the 3>4 shifting at high rpm at low throttle. We smoothed that out and made some other logical changes to compliment the new sequential cal. Thanks for getting us going in this direction. Low speed transitions are now much more predictable.
    Last edited by IARLLC; 08-20-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Sounds good,

All I did was interpolate between vertical bounds (where the blocked shifts were)

You will likely need to work on the down shift tables also to match what you end up with...
    Last edited by LastPlace; 09-29-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Yep. We worked those over as well.

I meant to say that low speed transitions are NOW much more predictable.

Thanks again.

Good deal.

once you get it how you like it you can either post it back here or start a new thread and post it maybe it’ll help someone in the future. (I mean you don’t have to but it sure would be nice if more people were helping then just leaching)

Seems like everyone is afraid to “try” Something, They want it handed to them on.

Sometimes you just got a test stuff.

Tuner
    Hi. I did this mod to the trans scheduling and now the trans is getting through all the gears but I'm having 2 issues. I've modified all the tables to avoid the trans doing the skip shift thing.

1. Sometimes after a stop on drive, it gets on 1st. And to get it to shift to 2nd I need to go over 5k rpm. And whole tables are set to go from 1-2 on less than 1k rpm.

2. The select shift function on manual mode is not working. When I go on 1st and hit the + button the trans won't go up.

Any thoughts on this issue?