Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.4 Hemi Wrangler tuning ideas

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    I've always found it's better to scale the table to what YOUR operating range will be, if you think you'll be going over 6k often then yes change the table, if you are going to stay under 6k with occasionally hitting the high RPMS, leave the table as is.

as for what happens , it uses the last cell to base calibrations off of.

My 04 with the 468, these are the PT table, street WOT, and "track tune WOT ....the street WOT table's last cell is 24^ at 4512 RPMs, and I go through the traps at 7350ish, with how big this thing is I've found that on the street anything over 24^ is a total waste no Matter what the KPA is , hence why you don't see any 28^ or higher in the low KPA range ....... and at the track .....there's very little use of the Pt table.... and do to the size of the engine and HP(850RWHP) Normal driving around town the Pedal V hardly ever get above 1.9v , so this truck goes in to WOT at 1.90V of pedal ....in both tunes...................

My around town Logs show it carries the 24^ in the street tune all the up to when I shift @ 6500 doing one of "stretch" it's legs at the traffic Light ventures.

remember every vehicle is different so should every tune...
    Thank you. Much appreciated. You spin that 468 pretty good. NICE. What cylinder heads are you using on that build?

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyPreston View Post
    Thank you. Much appreciated. You spin that 468 pretty good. NICE. What cylinder heads are you using on that build?
    The current version is using Apache heads, with 2.20X6 MM, 1.67 X 7 MM Del West titanium valves, surprisingly not as much port work as you might think, on the porters bench they hit 395cfm@ 700lift, on a popular "Hemi Specific builder's bench they hit 410CFM at same lift.
    Most porting work is in the bowl area. intake ports have what is called a burr finish(rough, real rough)when I 1st saw them I thought WTF builder wrecked my heads...but he said , it'll hit my goal and it has., next step is Thitek , this 468 is at the end of the flow potential of the OEM heads, If I want to crack 2.0HP/CI with this thing I need another 50 CFM per port .....or I could lighten up this fat ass ram ....but I like the leather seats (LOL)

EDIT: you'll notice between the two WOT there is almost 6^ more between 3400-4500 RPMs then in the "track tune" with the street tune(@the track) I get too much wheel speed shifting into 2nd and it "shakes the tires"(wheel hop) I run a 727 trans in this truck, NO OD , I was running a 518(46RH) for a while then swapped over to a 518 NON-Lock up, because of poor convertor selection. when the previous owner built the truck he dumped the 545 ij favor of a T56 set up out of a wrecked 05 SRT ram.
    Last edited by rays04gtx; 10-16-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Tuner in Training
    Those are some really good cylinder heads. Many people are caught up in flow numbers but what about wet flow? That's where burr finished ports really shine.... Keeping the fuel and air from separating. You certainly have a "tuff" combination. Have to love all muscle horsepower!