Thread: 66RFE tuning

Potential Tuner

66RFE tuning

Hello,
    my name is Mike and I hope somebody can help me. My truck ist a RAM 2500 with 5.7 Hemi, 66RFE transmission and 2wd.
    I want to manual shift the transmission by using the ERS buttons to up/downshift. Don't need the tow/haul mode, so I can use this button to activate my "manumatic". Beginning with the gear which is just in, the +/- buttons shift up an down.
    Important is, that transmission keeps the gear unless speed is too low or rpm too high.
    Does anybody have an idea how to realize that?

Banned
    Not so how it is in your truck but in mine tow/haul mode is tow/haul mode and manual mode is manual mode, no connection between the two. Each mode has its own shift tables.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for answering. The point is that i want to use tow/haul shift tables to control the transmission manually by using the +/- buttons. The 66RFE does not have a manual mode, only the ERS system.

Banned
    Pretty much the same thing, you are manually selecting max allowable gear. Either way, you can?t use tow/haul to command what the +/- buttons do. The +/- buttons have their own tables.
    Last edited by Jim P; 09-20-2020 at 12:38 PM.