Thread: 03 04 cobra

Tuner in Training

03 04 cobra

Hello all hopefully someone can help. My buddy has an 03 cobra that he asked me t help him with. Im kinda at a loss as I have a 2012 and can navigate that car alot easier than the cobra to be honest. His only mods are a no tune required cold air intake and a swap to a 2.93 pulley. Has asking me to help make the car safe until he gets it to a tuner. It has a stock mass air meter so I wouldnt have to make make any adjustments there correct? After that where should i be looking to richen up the car under load? again this is just so we are safer side for now. I have been chasing down a few gremlins before I can even get started he had a bad missfire and now I believe hes having an issue with his massair meter he overoiled the filter.Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    stock injectors and maf then fuel should be same as stock and in the ballpark

cars already safe theres nothing you need to do but if you wanted more fuel just simply go to the fuel table and command a richer mix up top no biggie.

yank the maf and clean it with some maf cleaner. You can swab it with a q tip if your careful. Let it air out and dry over night before hooking it back up. Whatever you do donot try to remove the element from the housing as it usually strips out on the ford 90s.

He doesnt need to take it to a tuner. Just simply have him order a moates quarterhorse $250 direct from moates.net

The custom tuning SW and a base tune is free downloads on efidynotuning. Theres full tuning write ups there that tells you how it all works and even a support forum if need be.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you decipha for the response its very much apreciated. I will get the massair cleaned up and see how that goes and let him know he should be safe for now then. As long as he has time bc hes not sure when he will get it to the tuner