Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurodyne to HP Tuners.. Lots to learn!

Tuner in Training
    I dialed in my injectors with stock maf housing on eurodyne and got .0275 as the injector constant, so I will input that into HPT (i should have recognized the stock number in the software). So knowing the injectors are "dialed in" then we can work strictly on the maf? Or do i need to go back to stock housing? I did everything you said except sloped the maf cal table. Look good? will get logs after work.

AlteredA4, Yes i can tell he knows his shit. I am lucky to come across him. Happy to send some $$$ Tyler...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
    I dialed in my injectors with stock maf housing on eurodyne and got .0275 as the injector constant, so I will input that into HPT (i should have recognized the stock number in the software). So knowing the injectors are "dialed in" then we can work strictly on the maf? Or do i need to go back to stock housing? I did everything you said except sloped the maf cal table. Look good? will get logs after work.

AlteredA4, Yes i can tell he knows his shit. I am lucky to come across him. Happy to send some $$$ Tyler...
    [ECM] 11273 - Desired Maximum Throttle Pressure Ratio... any reasoning behind changing this? it only really effects throttle logic.

[ECM] 44317 - MAF Airflow vs. Period... it seems the max flow rate of 3277KG/hr has caused you to lose integrity of the maf curve by overscaling, i would just scale the curve to touch the max flow and maintain base curve, add 12% to the OEM maf curve and then start to dial in the DI slope starting from your old Injector Constant in Eurodyne.

Once you do this you should be able to see if load is sane from maf scaling and get some fuel trim data and really dial in the injectors

also i Dm'd you on here

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

So i cant get my car to run anywhere near 12% over stock maf curve. It wont run under 70% over stock curve and even then its very choppy. It runs ok at 80% over stock curve which is what it is in the log thats attached. Im not sure if thats crazy or what? lol but with my injectors set to 0.0275 and the maf curve at stock + 80% my stft arent terrible (from what i can see) it pegs at -25% when my meth kicks in but i have never been able to get that to not happen. I also have an aftermarket intake manifold. I tried what i thought would work (but it didnt lol) to help my cold starts but it didnt do a thing. Do you have any advice on that? I set the Desired max Throttle PR back to stock. I am interested to see what you think... If i have to, I can put the stock housing back on this weekend and dial the injectors in perfectly based off fuel trims and then we can work on the maf after that. Whatever you recommend Ill do. So let me know your thoughts please. Also, I emailed you as per your request... Thanks again man..

Advanced Tuner
    So i cant get my car to run anywhere near 12% over stock maf curve. It wont run under 70% over stock curve and even then its very choppy. It runs ok at 80% over stock curve which is what it is in the log thats attached. Im not sure if thats crazy or what? lol but with my injectors set to 0.0275 and the maf curve at stock + 80% my stft arent terrible (from what i can see) it pegs at -25% when my meth kicks in but i have never been able to get that to not happen. I also have an aftermarket intake manifold. I tried what i thought would work (but it didnt lol) to help my cold starts but it didnt do a thing. Do you have any advice on that? I set the Desired max Throttle PR back to stock. I am interested to see what you think... If i have to, I can put the stock housing back on this weekend and dial the injectors in perfectly based off fuel trims and then we can work on the maf after that. Whatever you recommend Ill do. So let me know your thoughts please. Also, I emailed you as per your request... Thanks again man..
    That's very interesting, for 22psi it looks like load and flow is matching up pretty well, even with that crazy scaling lol, good to know these elements may not be very sensitive.

Do you have a link or pictures of the maf housing you are running?

As for the cold starts with aftermarket intake manifold I believe getting the maf calibrated as well as possible is going to be the ticket

Tuner in Training
    So i got an old APR stage 3+ kit from a guy a while back and kind of modified it. I am still using the APR injectors, the APR exhaust manifold, and the APR MAF housing. On my first engine (ran 30 psi on stock motor for over a year) i ran the stock housing and I could feel it choking up top. People told me over and over again.. saying it was impossible to get the MAF scaled properly and just to run the stock housing. Well I am one for challenges so I spent months trying to figure out how to do it and got it to work pretty well. So on my second and third engines (I am on my third engine, 4th trans, and 2nd turbo lol) I ran the APR MAF housing. I have built every inch of my car myself and tuned every file myself as well.. There has been some ups and downs, but its been fun and rewarding, especially now :-). But here is a link to the MAF housing I am running (Except mine is powder coated gold). I will get you another log after work as long as its not raining. Thanks again man...

https://images.goapr.com/T3100061_012.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    So i got an old APR stage 3+ kit from a guy a while back and kind of modified it. I am still using the APR injectors, the APR exhaust manifold, and the APR MAF housing. On my first engine (ran 30 psi on stock motor for over a year) i ran the stock housing and I could feel it choking up top. People told me over and over again.. saying it was impossible to get the MAF scaled properly and just to run the stock housing. Well I am one for challenges so I spent months trying to figure out how to do it and got it to work pretty well. So on my second and third engines (I am on my third engine, 4th trans, and 2nd turbo lol) I ran the APR MAF housing. I have built every inch of my car myself and tuned every file myself as well.. There has been some ups and downs, but its been fun and rewarding, especially now :-). But here is a link to the MAF housing I am running (Except mine is powder coated gold). I will get you another log after work as long as its not raining. Thanks again man...

https://images.goapr.com/T3100061_012.jpg
    Do you know the I.D. of the new maf housing?

pumped to see some logs for sure

also i think you may have emailed the wrong address, try looking again

Tuner in Training
    yeah, i believe its 3.5", but i can def measure it this weekend to be sure... I probably emailed the wrong addresss, I will check it out. Here are two 3rd gear logs from the drive home from work. Too much traffic for 4th gear. I guess with HPT i can actually do 3rd gear pulls since the data rate is much better than eurodyne... As always, Thanks man.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah, i believe its 3.5", but i can def measure it this weekend to be sure... I probably emailed the wrong addresss, I will check it out. Here are two 3rd gear logs from the drive home from work. Too much traffic for 4th gear. I guess with HPT i can actually do 3rd gear pulls since the data rate is much better than eurodyne... As always, Thanks man.
    a measurement of the I.D. wouldn't be a bad idea

Can you post a screen shot of your DTC's after a decent drive and post a log of the drive too? just part throttle and some idle if possible
    Last edited by TylerJDubbs; 10-01-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    yeah, will get the ID today hopefully..

Here is a drive to work.. about 40 mins of logs... FIrst half is on the highway, second half on back roads. Plenty of idle areas during red lights.

Tuner in Training
    ID of maf housing is in fact 3.5 inches. Also no DTCs. I have my catalyst threshold and The intake runners disabled. I get misfire codes when I 2 step which isn?t a big deal. Other than that no dtcs
    Last edited by Sauce118; 10-02-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ID of maf housing is in fact 3.5 inches. Also no DTCs. I have my catalyst threshold and The intake runners disabled. I get misfire codes when I 2 step which isn?t a big deal. Other than that no dtcs
    This cars are very sensitive to MAF changes, just changing the intake makes them go crazy, if the ECU is not happy with the MAF readings it kills all the fun by closing the TB or open the waste gate, also you get many drivability issues (hesitation, unstable idle, fuel consumption, etc) I used an airflow straightener and it solved all of this.
    https://www.treadstoneperformance.co...htener/p103828

Tuner in Training
    In regards of tuning for the VAG crowd I have found a lot of info on how to do it on Eurodyne, unfortunately there is little info on the HPT platform. If anyone have some information that can share on the subject, please do not hesitate to post it. I think something basic would be an reference table to identify which ED tables relate to HPT table names.