Thread: Any way to reference a user created math by PID?

Any way to reference a user created math by PID?

I want to reference AFR (User math PID 61000) from my AFR error PID (PID 61001) As you can see HPT does recognize the PID but won't reference it. Is this doable?

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by TTVert; 09-21-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Tuner in Training
    As far as I know you can't. If it's not part of the channel list it can't be referenced. Would be convenient to just copy over the variable rather than the math that changes from time to time. Maybe someone else knows a different trick though?

Agreed, especially since when my AFR math changes I have to go to 3 other places to change that math too rather than just being able to tell it to reference the AFR math. Thanks for the info.

Dave

if you're trying to use a user defined math parameter in another math parameter you won't be able to...copy the expression from the first user math into the second math in combination. make sure to add ( ) as you would with math to let one calculation calculate first.

yeah that is what I'm doing. It's annoying since some of the other maths rely on the previous User math PID so if i change one I have to go into each other user math and change it rather than it just referring to the PID value after calculation.