Thread: Throttle body / E38 OS compability Need help to spec hardware for LS2 x58 4l60e swap

Tuner in Training

Throttle body / E38 OS compability Need help to spec hardware for LS2 x58 4l60e swap

Hi,

I need input on what road to take in terms of getting the correct hardware and software.
    I want to get this right from the start. Ive read every single post about it so far, but find contradicting info.

I have this already,

- LS2 x58 2007
    - 4l60e 15 pin
    - PSI harness 8 - '15 LS3 (6.2L) w/ 4L60E or 4l80E Standalone Harness

PSI claims their harnesses ONLY work with gold blade throttle bodies.

What ECM year and OS should I go with?

Thinking the recipe should look like this,

Truck 2008 (to be able to get a T42 with 4l60e) OS? Does that work with LS3 gold blade throttle?
    Also want to use the Corvette pedal (will copy the Corvette 08 ETC settings into the truck tune).

What do you think? I cant be the first to buy a PSI harness for LS2/3 with a 4 speed transmission?
    I live too far away from the states that I need to get this 100% on the first try

Well, just a minor point, the 'ETC settings' that determine ECM/OS/pedal/TB compatibility are in two ECM segments that cannot be accessed with HPT. The only way to change them is to write the ECM with a GM calibration using GM tools (or equivalent).

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I agree.

But Ive seen some swaps with a Silverado 2008 tune, and LS3 gold and silver blade bodies.

Does anyone have a recipe?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSwapDenmark View Post
    ... PSI claims their harnesses ONLY work with gold blade throttle bodies ...
    That makes absolutely no sense. The Throttle Body connector pin locations are the same for Truck Throttle bodies, and for both Car Throttle Bodies (Silver Blade or Gold Blade).

... But Ive seen some swaps with a Silverado 2008 tune, and LS3 gold and silver blade bodies ...
    These generally don't work, or don't consistently work. A "dead" pedal is inevitable with this type of setup - sometimes every key cycle, or sometimes at random drive cycles. Most of the time you will find that the "tuner" has disabled all of the Electronic Throttle Control safety features and DTCs - not smart.

... Does anyone have a recipe? ...
    Yes - the "recipe" is to use mutually compatible (matched) components and programming. Mixing Gen 4 Electronic Throttle Control components and programming is not a good idea - from reliability or liability standpoints.

Tuner in Training
    Ive worked on 2 swaps with Silverado E38 2008 OS (which is needed when pairing an LS3 with a 4spd trans in a swap).

Both have worked fine, and never had a problem with the pedal. I just dont know the exact hardware configuration.

Advanced Tuner
    The "mixed parts" approach often depends on the "stacked" tolerance of all components. I know of an instance where a person used a Truck E38 calibration, a Corvette APP (accelerator pedal), and a Truck Throttle Body. He went through 3 Truck Throttle Bodies before he found one that did one immediately cause a dead pedal. He still gets an intermittent "dead" pedal in the vehicle to this day.

I always encourage people to do things correctly - for reasons of reliability and liability.

It seems that you have already decided to proceed with the mixed components and calibration approach - so why continue to waste everyone else's time with questions - if you are only going to argue about the answers ?