Thread: Trying to read a 2017 infinity q60

Trying to read a 2017 infinity q60

I'm looking to see if anyone has read a q60 yet, i have one at my shop and it doesn't auto populate the ECU, does anyone know what ECU it has so i can manually select it? If you have a read i'd appreciate if you'd post it for me to look at. I'm curious if we have enough tables to tune these properly.Read.PNG
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 09-21-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you're using an MPVI2. Evan will need to see this. 1... Disable the fan (pull the relay). 2... Read the ecm. Takes about 4 to 5 minutes. 3... Create a support ticket and send them the file and infolog.

I'm sure Evan will chime in soon enough...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Make sure you're using an MPVI2. Evan will need to see this. 1... Disable the fan (pull the relay). 2... Read the ecm. Takes about 4 to 5 minutes. 3... Create a support ticket and send them the file and infolog.

I'm sure Evan will chime in soon enough...
    I was using my MPVI-2 and the Beta 4.7.4x, i'm assuming you say pull the fan relay because it runs constantly while you're reading the file?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. The fan will run the entire time while reading. Try the latest stable. 4.8.7, I believe. The definitions may already be in 4.8.7. Or you can try beta 4.9.x. Tip: always upgrade to the latest beta when messing with these newer platforms. And stay updated on the latest stable production version, which is 4.8.7.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    I'm looking to see if anyone has read a q60 yet, i have one at my shop and it doesn't auto populate the ECU, does anyone know what ECU it has so i can manually select it? If you have a read i'd appreciate if you'd post it for me to look at. I'm curious if we have enough tables to tune these properly.Read.PNG
    Read as SH_7253_331. Send in a support ticket if you get definition failed to load.

Yes. The fan will run the entire time while reading. Try the latest stable. 4.8.7, I believe. The definitions may already be in 4.8.7. Or you can try beta 4.9.x. Tip: always upgrade to the latest beta when messing with these newer platforms. And stay updated on the latest stable production version, which is 4.8.7.
    I typically do but i was in a hurry, It's a friend's daily driver and we were out talking in the parking lot about tuning and he asked if i could tune it, so i tried to read it and here we are lol. I'm hoping we can tune it and make some power! Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    Read as SH_7253_331. Send in a support ticket if you get definition failed to load.
    Thanks Evan I will try that and see what it does.

I got it to read and just sent it in, ill post the file when i get it back.

Advanced Tuner
    I got it to read and just sent it in, ill post the file when i get it back.
    Did you get the latest stable/beta version?

Failed read.PNG New issue is this, latest beta insalled

Advanced Tuner
    I got the same thing when my JB4 was connected to the MAP sensors. Disconnect if you have one connected.

If you've got anything that's drawing battery power like A/C, heat, radio, etc. you'll get this error. Everything has to be turned off.

I got the same thing when my JB4 was connected to the MAP sensors. Disconnect if you have one connected.
    Hmm i don't think he has anything like that, car is 100% stock.

Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    If you've got anything that's drawing battery power like A/C, heat, radio, etc. you'll get this error. Everything has to be turned off.
    Ok ill retest with everything off when the car comes back.