Thread: Scaled 2.5BAR Tune

Tuner in Training

Scaled 2.5BAR Tune

After a month of SD tuning my VE through 105kpa I've decided to move onto the MAF portion. I knew from my previous dynos that my MAF hit the 512g limit fairly early in the MAF High Freq table so I built a 50% scaled tune based on various information I've read here and on other forums. The information on how to do this seems to be fairly limited so it was really just a best guess but after loading the tune I took a drive and it was pretty damn close to perfect up to 5800HZ (didn't go any higher than that since I was on back roads).

Steps taken so far:
    *MAF and VE tables were multiplied by 50%
    *All spark tables, to include idle, countdown and IAT Base (I left my IAT tables the same), we appropriately halved up to the 1.36g limit and then
    -to do this i basically took already known tables and pasted them in the row that was their half (i.e. the .16 row was pasted into the .8 row, the .32 was pasted into the .16, etc.)
    *Injector Offset and Flow Rate were halved
    *IVT Gain was halved in the same way the spark tables were
    *Halved the MAP Activation for PE (not sure if i needed to do this but it'll be easy enough to see if its coming in too early)
    *Gas Evap and Impact were halved like the spark tables unto 50kpa and from there i added multiplied the rest of the rows by +1%, compounded for each value above 50kpa(i.e. 60-100 was all multiplied by +1%, then 60-100 by another +1%, etc. until i got to the end of the graph)

I plan on using this thread to document the steps I've taken so far and will continue to make but for now here is the tune file for anyone who might want to look at it. If anyone is interested in screen shots to show the basic steps i took just let me know. As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

50%MAF Starter1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone know if you can filter out decel data from a log? With DCFO off, my AFRs go super lean on decel, as they should, but I fear its throwing off my average.

I have been using: [50118.238]=1&[50091.156]>0
    but that's just copied from stuff found somewhere, I'm slow when it comes to truly understanding all the scanner tricks. That's from an '06 E40 so the PIDs should be the same for you.

But one trick that I do know, you can have more than one version of the same graph in there at the same time. Take the one graph you want to filter, save it by itself, then add the saved file back in as a new graph. Give it a new name so you can tell it from the original. Then paste in the filter string. (don't forget to 'save all' before you close, otherwise layout changes are lost) There, you have one graph with the filters and one without so you can compare and make sure the filters do what you wanted.