Thread: 2012 Colorado 2.9 throttle response

Potential Tuner

2012 Colorado 2.9 throttle response

First time tuning this truck and not too familiar with the program, just dipping my feet in the water
    First thing I did was zero out transmission limiters but now I want to get some better throttle response, the throttle body opens slowly and I want it to act as closely to a cable throttle body as possible, any ideas?

I wouldn't play around with tuning a vehicle. Highly recommend practicing on something older like 98 to 05 silverado to get the jist of tuning. But that's up to you.

Potential Tuner
    Isn't this site all about tuning vehicles?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune file up. You'll never get a DBW setup to behave exactly like a cable pedal, but you can make a few changes to make the throttle open much quicker.

You can get away with 0'ing Transmission limiters on a Colorado with the 4L60E as they don't (usually) make enough power to kill the 60E. That said, YMMV.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    I figured the 2.9 isn't going to harm the trans much seeing as the v8 colorados use the same auto trans