Thread: Unable to open- not part of remote network

Potential Tuner

Unable to open- not part of remote network

I am somewhat new to HP tuners but based on the research I?ve done on how to write a tune to my vehicle plus using the instructions my tuner gave me I am not really sure why I am seeing this issue. When I try to open the file so that I can write it to the vehicle I get an error stayed in to the file cannot be opened and I am not part of a remote tune in network. Despite verifying the serial number of my MPVI2 is correct and that I am listed as a slave interface I can not open the tune.

The instructions I was sent or as followed:
    Write a new Tune file to your car using the beta VCM Editor software (open new Tapout Tune 1A calibration file, connect cable to OBD2 port and laptop > turn on ignition, leaving engine NOT running > Write Vehicle > Show License Options > Specific > OK > Yes > Write Calibration > Write > Close > ignition off for ten seconds > start car)

I opened a ticket over the weekend I think it was Saturday so I did not expect a response until Monday. I got a very vague response Monday at 5 PM when they close. I also sent more details of how I was proceeding and a video of me trying to open and write the file but have not received a response. I am needing to get my car back up and going I need to have this resolved so I?m hoping that maybe someone here has a solution or an idea

The remote tuning network thing is on your tuner. He needs to send you a file that is not tuner locked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.