Thread: VE tuning parameters

Tuner in Training

VE tuning parameters

How low can a VE table be set?
    I have 5.7 ram, FBO, Cam, full exhaust. Recently i did a 6.4 intake swap, retaining the 6.4 injectors. It has been running very rich of course, so i tried to dial in the injectors and still couldn't get it to run right, was close, but just felt flat. I started tweeking the VE tables in hopes of getting it running better. I have reduced my VE tables by roughly 60% from the original value. The truck is running great, but my question is how low can you go on the VE tables before it adversely affects performance?

I've tried using the scanner to log with using the graphs included with the courses, but it will only populate zeros in a the cells. I can get STFT + LTFT to populate on the scanner.

Would someone please take a peek at this and offer some direction.

Thank you,
    Creton
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Creton View Post
    How low can a VE table be set?
    I have 5.7 ram, FBO, Cam, full exhaust. Recently i did a 6.4 intake swap, retaining the 6.4 injectors. It has been running very rich of course, so i tried to dial in the injectors and still couldn't get it to run right, was close, but just felt flat. I started tweeking the VE tables in hopes of getting it running better. I have reduced my VE tables by roughly 60% from the original value. The truck is running great, but my question is how low can you go on the VE tables before it adversely affects performance?

I've tried using the scanner to log with using the graphs included with the courses, but it will only populate zeros in a the cells. I can get STFT + LTFT to populate on the scanner.

Would someone please take a peek at this and offer some direction.

Thank you,
    Creton
    You're probably experiencing the issue where some 2009-2010 PCMs don't respond to disabling the Neural Network, in which case, VE changes have no effect. For these PCMs, you'll have to disable the VVT system.

Here's a post from Mark at HPTuners for reference:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post427663