Thread: Anyone notice TCC min and max PWM tables NOT working??? 00 Silverado

Senior Tuner

Anyone notice TCC min and max PWM tables NOT working??? 00 Silverado

Got a truck in the shop right now that surges a little bit while the torque converter is locked in 4th gear. Between 70RPM and 200 RPM. It feels a lot like the late model trucks with the converter issues.

Anyway, i've been able to fix it before by setting min to say 90ish % and max 99-100%

There is no change when I do this on this truck. I can scan TCC PWM and see it still fluctuating between 20-80%. Ironically 0% PWM is fully locked so I tried min 0 max 1 in the TCC PWM tables. Still no change and no difference.

So.. The TCC PWM min and max tables have been set to 90%-100%, 99-100%, stock,and 0-1% and there is no difference in how the truck drives or scans between any of those settings.

I hear there are some tables in other brands of software that apply TCC vs desired slip or something of the sort. Anyone have any experience with this?

stock.hpt
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    I've seen that a couple times. I'm not sure what's up...it appears to be almost random. On the last one, I flashed it with the later 12212156 OS, and the problem was fixed.

A friend of mine suggested that I flash it back with the original OS and do a Write Entire to see if that would fix it. I never tried it though...

That is a real old calibration, and the most current one has a reference to a bulletin about TCC issues.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks guys! I'll sps it and see what happens
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs