Thread: question about G8 ecm e38 2nd gen

question about G8 ecm e38 2nd gen

Since there are a lot of knowledgeable members here, I'll ask.

Is the 2008 G8gt ECM and 2009.5 G8gt the same part#?

reason asking is because tired of the 63lb/h flow limit- complicates things with double half-half - want the 127 limit
    If they are the same - can I factory program ecm,tcm to a 2009.5 vin and then with my existing HP licence to these modules change vin back in them?

If ECM are not the same part.... will the 2009.5 ecm work on a 2008 (when programmed with a 2009.5 software Dealer OEM programing)

and if yes, will (buying a hp licence) can I change the false 2009.5 vin back to my original vin. and tune- I realize i will also update the TCM software- but I believe the TCM are the same part
    I have access to OEM programing etc- so OEM programming, setup is really not an issue.

thanks for quick reply!.....

well that suc. they do seem the same!
    I think i have one ecm(2009) lying around at work-it was good years ago.....but now had dtc-internal memory error when I programed to 2008 g8 software... (however it started and ran!)
    gonna try to flash it 2009.5 for fun, I also noticed that hptuners wouldn't allow me to change 2009 vin to 2008 even by changing 10th unless i changed an actual digit in serial identifier sequence (checksum error)...I'm stubborn!.... gonna try a few things for fun. I'll update if its fruitful
    ... I dont really care what VIN i run- as long as it plays friendly with BCM!

2008 and early 2009 are the same Service Number, late 2009 is different. Is that when they also changed from the 63lb injector limit to 127lb?