Thread: 06 300c srt8 park to drive idle surging

06 300c srt8 park to drive idle surging

stock engine with decent cam and magnusson s/c kit.
    the cam doesn't seem too crazy to me but something is making this setup really unhappy.
    go from P to D and it surges bad enough on the first one or two, to chirp the tires. after a few it calms down but somewhat dangerous.
    the injecters are supposed to be siemens deka 60 or 65 pounds and they gave me a data sheet, but it was pretty useless. had to spend a lot of time trying to get trims to 10%.
    not sure where to attack this. get above 5mph and it's all smooth. this is only P to D or P to R transition. leave it sit and it's ok.
    any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would start by lowering my base minimum spark tables. Raising airflow. Goodluck bud.

didn't help. that's why i left them at 10. had stock tables where it was doing a lot of negatives and thought maybe more spark would help prevent rpm going down. but it's literally no different when it can't go below 10.
    fuel trims seem steady and so does spark, the movements are the throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    That min spark is probably driving oscillation. Sloppy way to do things either way. Take that out and get data with spark authority restored. There's know way to know how to calibrate the idle control if a key part is disabled.

Potential Tuner

ok stock min spark table. this is park to drive. happens about 1/3 the way in to the log. you'll see big pulses in the rpm. first one enough to chirp tires.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1320mopar link was great info.
    ton of work but fixed. i let it have even more latitude on spark adjustment and cut back on the P and I adjustments and it's 10x better.
    thanks