Thread: A couple of VR30DDTT videos I made...

Advanced Tuner

A couple of VR30DDTT videos I made...

Whats up folks.

I made these vids so that some folks that are HATING on HP Tuners on another forum. I havent attempted to tune MY Q50 yet but I did pull another tune file with the 4.9.39 Beta and a WOT log. Mind you, the logs were done with a JB4 connected (under the hood). And I absolutely COULD NOT READ THE CAR with the JB4 hooked up under the hood. Excuse the mumbling and stumbling. Unrehearsed and sleepy. LOL! And NO, I was NOT drinking! LOL!

Evan, correct me on my errors, please...

https://youtu.be/YFDaQsAWh2k

https://youtu.be/A1qeplquEIo
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Nice! I've been wanting to load RS parameters on mine but the 2 RS files I found have some funky values in some tables. I don't wanna jack the car up. I'm not sure if it's because the files got pulled using an older Beta. Do you have a new Beta scan I can compare my Silver Sport file with?

Potential Tuner
    Did you get a U0100 - Lost Communication with ECM/PCM permanent Code after scanning? I disconnected the Fan Relay and voltage was fine during scan. I cleared the code and CEL got removed but permanent code still there. Did that happen when you scanned yours too?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGuerra View Post
    Did you get a U0100 - Lost Communication with ECM/PCM permanent Code after scanning? I disconnected the Fan Relay and voltage was fine during scan. I cleared the code and CEL got removed but permanent code still there. Did that happen when you scanned yours too?
    Yes. It went away though...
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Yes. It went away though...
    Nice!... Hope it will go away on mine to after a few more cycles.

I did notice some weird parameters comparing my file to yours.
    Fuel System (Desired Fuel Pressure) is way different.... "This is what keeps me from messing with it".
    Also Engine/Airflow/General (Estimated Exhaust Pressure).

Here is my file if you would like to take a look.
    2018 Q50 LUXE VR30 Stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGuerra View Post
    Nice!... Hope it will go away on mine to after a few more cycles.

I did notice some weird parameters comparing my file to yours.
    Fuel System (Desired Fuel Pressure) is way different.... "This is what keeps me from messing with it".
    Also Engine/Airflow/General (Estimated Exhaust Pressure).

Here is my file if you would like to take a look.
    2018 Q50 LUXE VR30 Stock.hpt
    The estimated exhaust pressure table... Hmmm... I think I wouldnt touch it UNLESS a DTC popped up for it after raising boost? Not sure.

I'll take a look at your file later today when I get a chance.

Hey jaydubb71! What did you decide on that estimated exhaust pressure? I am finally getting around to doing my friend's Silver Sport. Probably next week. Trying to learn what I can going into it.