Thread: 2011 silverado 5.3l 6l80 tune help

Potential Tuner

2011 silverado 5.3l 6l80 tune help

Does anybody have a good tune file to add a little more power to my truck I'm new to tuning any help would be appreciated 2011 silverado 5.3l 6l80

PM ME, i can help.

There is quite a bit to do to wake it up. First off, what are the modifications done to the truck?

Getting more power that you can really notice is not something to expect, so just know that. You might be able pick up 10-15hp on 93 octane but I can bet you that most people aren't going to pay 60-70 cents more a gallon to get that little horsepower.

If you are new to tuning you really need to take the time to understand what is going on. What you are asking for has been asked many times over and I'm sure you can find stuff to compare with.

I made this tune file for a friend of mine years ago on his 2011 truck, you can use it to compare with yours to see changes and copy over what you want. It ran this way for years before he sold it. I've post tunes of my 2012 silverado a few times as well with other changes, they are floating around the forum somewhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Listen to 5FDP. Other than that, I use to run an Edge tuner with the #4 (extreem) tune loaded and it made a difference of about .6 seconds in the quarter mile.

Excuse me if this could be a obvious answer, I am very new to tuning. The attached tune you have here is a E85 Tune?

Excuse me if this could be a obvious answer, I am very new to tuning. The attached tune you have here is a E85 Tune? 5FDP

No, flex fuel in disable in that tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.