Thread: HTG trans controller

Advanced Tuner

HTG trans controller

Has anyone done this swap yet? I'm interested in how this works and installs been looking at options for a transbrake for the 8hp series and this can do this but I have several questions on how the car works going this route.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Potential Tuner
    that looks awesome if it will work. i would assume torque management could be customized to suit your needs? anyone else try anything like this?

Advanced Tuner
    There is a lot of talk on the HTG FB Forum, but mostly used over in Australia and Europe on BMW and other makes. The 8hp is used a bunch over there with good results but having trouble finding anyone here in the states that have used it with our series of the 8hp. I'm only looking at it for the transbrake as i haven't found any other way to get one for the 8hp. Been tossing around the idea of trying to activate both 1 and reverse solenoids and see what that does but also not wanting to trash a good trans to find out either.... I assuming this would cause a limb mode but not sure. Just at the beginning stages of seeing whats out there and capable of doing this.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Tuner in Training
    look into Sound German Automotive. Russel is working on a kit for the swap.

Advanced Tuner
    I messaged them and told me no they dont have anything available