Thread: Na vs supercharged vs turbo charged tuning

Na vs supercharged vs turbo charged tuning

I have been collecting info here and there about tuning forced induction I have a very good background about now to say the least .
    I know that I need to decrease timing whenever I am tuning a forced induction vehicle unlike na .
    I know that I have to use one of these os bar2 or 3 whenever I transition to forced induction depending on what kind of boost I am running and of course if I have changed my injectors I need to copy the data of the new injectors into the tune but that's about it .
    So anything would be apperciated.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a large list of things to consider when going FI on an originally NA setup. There are many variables depending on your setup.

In very general terms, you are correct that a FI setup will want less timing than the same motor when it was NA. You will also want to run it richer than NA in PE. On an LS3, you might run 0.85 lambda when NA, but you'll want 0.78-0.80 once it's FI.

There are many factors to consider, though, both in the physical build and in the calibration, and they are interrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    There is a large list of things to consider when going FI on an originally NA setup. There are many variables depending on your setup.

In very general terms, you are correct that a FI setup will want less timing than the same motor when it was NA. You will also want to run it richer than NA in PE. On an LS3, you might run 0.85 lambda when NA, but you'll want 0.78-0.80 once it's FI.

There are many factors to consider, though, both in the physical build and in the calibration, and they are interrelated.
    Thanks for replying .
    What I am asking about here is on the calibration side (tuning) I already know the base idea about how to tune something like this but it's those little factors that I am intrested in to improve my tuning experience until it's perfect I do understand it but I am not familiar with hp tuners of how to achieve what I want aside from decreasing timing ,fueling,richer pe,injectors data ,choosing the right os bar that's it .
    so I need someone with experience some one who had already done this to maybe point out something we forgot .

Thanks in advance