Thread: Flex Fuel Support for Subaru Now Available

Flex Fuel Support for Subaru Now Available

Flex Fuel Support for Subaru

With the help of our friends at Advanced Fuel Dynamics we are excited to offer
    Flex Fuel Support for the 08-14 Subaru WRX and 08-20 Subaru STI.

To enable Flex Fuel in the software, apply HPT Custom Features in the OS tab,
    then enable Flex Fuel by selecting the appropriate sensor in the software.

Click here for the AFD website to view their Subaru Flex Fuel Kits.

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

Tuner in Training
    Where does the flex link control module connect? Do we have a screenshot of the added tables for flex fuel? Is it just fuel multiplier? timing?

Quote Originally Posted by scorch_fx View Post
    Where does the flex link control module connect? Do we have a screenshot of the added tables for flex fuel? Is it just fuel multiplier? timing?
    The flex fuel sensor hijacks your choice of either the rear O2 sensor or one of the TGV sensors, which you select in the software. I don't have my MPVI2 on me right now so i can't open up a file, but it's not just just a fuel/timing multiplier. You are provided with blending tables and a 0% ethanol and 100% ethanol content tables for many fuel/cam/timing/boost related tables. Then based on the blending table, a new value for the actual output is calculated.

Tuner in Training
    Can we get some stock files to explore? Also, in the ones I've managed to find I notice there isn't anything in the speedo tab??

Ive tried the os patch but still not seeing this on a 2011 STI
    2000 Camaro SS 408 TH400
    2012 Subaru WRX STI
    2013 Camaro SS
    2001 Corvette Z06

Potential Tuner
    hi guys i apply OS patch and i dont see a FLEX FUEL option on FUEL tab , 2017 STI

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HPT Custom features patch guide attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    HPT Custom features patch guide attached.
    Hi Bill,

Just pulled a fresh AE5W100V and don't see any flex option after applying the HPT Custom Features.

SD and the LC/NLS are good.

Paul

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrac View Post
    Hi Bill,

Just pulled a fresh AE5W100V and don't see any flex option after applying the HPT Custom Features.

Paul
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by retrac View Post
    Hi Bill,

Paul
    same here SD LS\NLTS good to but not a flexfuel tab

Quote Originally Posted by secko View Post
    same here SD LS\NLTS good to but not a flexfuel tab
    Same thing as what Bill said, we just added the flex fuel tables to AE5W100V file via our ticketing system. Please submit a support request.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Yep, and solved! Thanks Bill.

If I come across any more CALIDs that don't have it, I'll just open a ticket.

Potential Tuner
    With the demise of this capability with Cobb Accesstuner, is there any word on how long this will be available with HPTuners?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron1anderson View Post
    With the demise of this capability with Cobb Accesstuner, is there any word on how long this will be available with HPTuners?
    I'm new here, but it seems that the back-up plan would be to use the Pro Feature Set, wire up your FlexFuel Sensor to one of those 0-5v inputs, thus allowing you to retain your TGV's/Rear O2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a COBB refugee looking for a new home.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin92 View Post
    I'm new here, but it seems that the back-up plan would be to use the Pro Feature Set, wire up your FlexFuel Sensor to one of those 0-5v inputs, thus allowing you to retain your TGV's/Rear O2.

That was a brief thought. I haven't been able to find any documentation of the connection options for this FlexFuel kit. Anyone have the vendor instructions for this kit? What are the options to connect it if not using one of the ECM inputs?

Tuner in Training

I may be wrong, but I believe the pro feature set will only allow 5v inputs for logging, not as an actual ecu input for corrections and such like tgv or rear o2. Maybe Evan can assist in answering that further.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lockner13 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe the pro feature set will only allow 5v inputs for logging, not as an actual ecu input for corrections and such like tgv or rear o2. Maybe Evan can assist in answering that further.
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Honestly, it's still pretty freaking cool that those inputs are available for an OBD2 adapter. I was looking at having to do some kind of 0-5V to serial connector to USB mess.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Honestly, it's still pretty freaking cool that those inputs are available for an OBD2 adapter. I was looking at having to do some kind of 0-5V to serial connector to USB mess.
    Yea having them is def a plus!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS View Post
    Ive tried the os patch but still not seeing this on a 2011 STI
    Greetings bro, were you able to apply the Speed ​​Density patch to your Subaru?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyco View Post
    Greetings bro, were you able to apply the Speed ​​Density patch to your Subaru?
    Can someone explain to me what's going on here?

Do you have to run the "Beta" version of the suite in order to enable speed density on these cars? I've got my MPVI2+ on the way, and I want to be prepared for any and all roadblocks I might encounter as part of the process.

Kevin