Thread: Coyote Gen 2 e85 help/tips

Coyote Gen 2 e85 help/tips

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some help with tuning for e85 on a '15 Mustang GT. The car has stock injectors, but also retains the stock intake manifold. It does have the ford racing power pack 2 components (GT350 throttle body and air intake though). I've read there is enough headroom with stock injectors to support this.

I found a post in 2014, so for Gen1 coyotes, where the steps were enumerated by wbt:
    1. Install 47lbs. injectors.
    2. Adjust the AFR for e85
    3. Set the WOT lambda
    4. Adjust the borderline and optimum power spark tables.

The tables are obviously different in the Coyote gen 2, so I wanted to see if there were any additional tips. I have the Coyote Cookbook as my reference, but I find it to be sparse on suggested torque/spark settings.
    I know the borderline/spark tables should be advanced to take full advantage of e85, particularly in the mapped points most used since OP is disabled by default. Is it safe to initially leave them as they are, and slowly advance them while monitoring for KR? I know I wouldn't initially get the performance benefits of e85, but it would be a good baseline.

I grabbed a F150 FFV tune from the repository and tried to look for changes related to FFV. Fuel wise, it looks like quite a few of the available fields are populated the same way that the F150 flex fuel is setup, with the obvious difference that the master switch is disabled. I noticed the Fuel > Power Enrich > WOT Lambda FFV is all 1.00, and the F150 is set at 0.875 - however I've also read that the Coyote likes to run richer, and I saw 0.85 thrown around.

The Spark > Flex fuel blending doesn't completely match the F150 (There is no 100% setting, but I'm guessing to simply duplicate the table to match.

The torque model > general > Ethanol Efficiency is also not populated, so I presume that would be copied from the F150 charts.

I see the FFV tables for IAT and ECT are not available, but the base values are very close and I'm guessing I could probably leave them alone since the settings at normal operating temp is identical? I know e85 has a harder time starting, so I could perhaps change the lower temp IAT and ECT table to mirror the FFV ones from the F150.

Thank you for any help you can give
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

do you want to run this as a flex tune 93/e85 or a dedicated e85 tune ?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your stock file and I’ll point you in the right direction

Thank you both, I have attached the file. It is basically an exact duplicate of the FRPP2 tune file on the registry. I plan to run e85 100% of the time as I have a station less than half a mile away from me. That being said, I haven't started taking samples of it yet, so I don't know how much it fluctuates in the winter -- even though we don't have cold winters at all here. So I'm guessing flex fuel is best, but even just a straight e85 would be great. I really appreciate it. The FRPP2 tune is nice, but I get pinging with the low octane "premium" I have here, which is why I want to go to corn.

Thank you again!
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me