Thread: Switching to new laptop

Tuner in Training

Switching to new laptop

I have had to order a new laptop, my old one quit on me. Anything I need to do when I transfer to my new laptop?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2-resync interface
    MPVI1-add app key
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Grab your config files from your old laptop also (channels, graphs, gauges, charts and layouts) if you can. If not, pull the drive and use an external hard drive reader. I save all of my files on Google Drive. Tune and log files also...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

I backed up my files on an external hard drive. I loaded them on to the new computer. When I tried to change a tune file, it said file is read only. I looked at the properties and all my tune files were read only. Don't have a clue how that happened. Unchecked the read only box and everything is good. I also downloaded drivers from the website.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Ok I can do that, I got a computer guy that can transfer the files over. Thank you guys for the info, much appreciated!!