Thread: 2018 INFINITI Q50 got CEL after reading vehicle / VCM Editor 4.8.7

Potential Tuner

2018 INFINITI Q50 got CEL after reading vehicle / VCM Editor 4.8.7

Has anyone gotten a check engine light from reading their Q50/Q60? I'm using VCM Editor 4.8.7. Have scanned G37s and 2 Titans in the past without problems.
    I disconnected the cooling fans relay prior read and everything was fine during the process, finished reading and I was able to save the .hpt with no issues.
    Turned off ignition, started the car and CEL was on. Showing 0x7E8: U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A (Permanent)
    Cleared code and CEL turned off but code still listed as permanent. Not sure if will go away after a handful of ignition cycles or miles.

Anyone else have this issue? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGuerra View Post
    Has anyone gotten a check engine light from reading their Q50/Q60? I'm using VCM Editor 4.8.7. Have scanned G37s and 2 Titans in the past without problems.
    I disconnected the cooling fans relay prior read and everything was fine during the process, finished reading and I was able to save the .hpt with no issues.
    Turned off ignition, started the car and CEL was on. Showing 0x7E8: U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A (Permanent)
    Cleared code and CEL turned off but code still listed as permanent. Not sure if will go away after a handful of ignition cycles or miles.

Anyone else have this issue? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    It's happened to me. I just cleared it. It went away on mine. I have a 2016...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4