Thread: Looking for Advice

Tuner in Training

Looking for Advice

Hello,

I am new to the forum and using HP tuners although I have been a master tech for 25 years. I recently bought an old c10 with a 2004 4.8L LS. The guy I bought it from put a tune on it and it runs pretty good. So I am looking for help on three things
    1. Advise the attached tune
    2. There are numbers that seem way out of wack compared to what I am seeing on line. ( Torque limit vs RPM, PE ramp rate)
    3. I am getting a gear hunt happening at 1600RPM at about 50mph

Thank you in advance.

Jerry Tune.hpt

Without a data log the engine tune looks mainly stock. A few changes to timing and PE settings, both of which look okay so long as you have no intake leaks, exhaust leaks and have proper fuel pressure all the time.

They just lower the PE pedal enable settings and leaned out the commanded air fuel ratio a little.

Most people will max out the engine side torque mngt, so seeing 640 ft lbs or the other really big numbers isn't abnormal.

Is your gear ratio and tire height correct in this tune file? Are you really running 3.42's with only a 26in tall tire on a C10 truck????
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That sounds like a corvette computer with that tire size and gear ratio...lol
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED

more than likely the gear hunt is due to improper airflow tables, adaptive idle, timing, and a combination of Mass Airflow Numbers being too low, as well as Volumetric Efficiency
    www.LSXedit.com

TEO TUNED
    Website Coming Soon...

Tuner in Training
    5FDP,

Good call on the tire size and gears. Didn't even look(Newbie).

LSandlteditor,

Appreciate the tip, sounds like an entire can of worms. Could it be the TC locking and unlocking?

Go into the gear/tire wizard under the edit tab, change it to what you have and have it auto scale the transmission for you. See how it drives after that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 65sub View Post
    5FDP,

Good call on the tire size and gears. Didn't even look(Newbie).

LSandlteditor,

Appreciate the tip, sounds like an entire can of worms. Could it be the TC locking and unlocking?
    Not a problem, report back and tell how she's feeling. Will feel a whole lot better im sure
    www.LSXedit.com

TEO TUNED
    Website Coming Soon...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSandlteditor View Post
    Not a problem, report back and tell how she's feeling. Will feel a whole lot better im sure
    Definitely better. I also pulled a stock tune from the repository and pulled and copied tables in an effort to be as close to stock as I can. Still getting the gear hunt and the TCC seems to stay on for quite a while according to the live scan.