Thread: Weid issue with idle trims during warm up. Goes with oil temp.

Tuner in Training

Weid issue with idle trims during warm up. Goes with oil temp.

so I've noticed on my 2002 manual vette while tuning it. That it seems to be very dependent on oil temps. What I mean is. If I let it idle from cold to hot to get idle data the oil temps raise with the coolant temp more directly as the coolant temp raises slowly. And the cars drives fine after its already hot. But even with this data my car has a little hump in the temp cells around 150s. Just idling. From cold to hot. So what happens though if you get in the car and just drive off from cold start the oil temps raise much slower than the coolant. And when clutch in it dips so i finally stopped today and watched the stit at that moment and it was having to add 2 g/s roughly when it never needs that much letting it just warm up idling. The car has a 231 234 110 lsa cam and lighter than stock flywheel and aluminum ati balancer. But also high pressure high volume oil pump and the oil pressure is around 70 lsi cold. And around 45 fully heat soaked. So im guessing the pump is loading the car up more when The oil is cold. Does any of the torque tables that have to do with friction actualy affect idling control in any way.

post a log tomm of what you're talking about, fuel trims usually change based on Coolant temp. Also, why are you using a high volume high pressure? You should use standard volume, high pressure in that setup. Do you have a bigger oil pan?
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED

Tuner in Training
    I ended up just bandaiding it. The lighter flywheel and harmonic balancer seem to make resly made the motor more sensitive to torque changes. And I wish i would have put stock pump in it. But ohwell its staying till the next time its out of the car.