Thread: 2017 Toyota Kluger - Praying To The HP Gods.

2017 Toyota Kluger - Praying To The HP Gods.

I've had HP Tuners for years, LS V8 tuning, V6's etc. Had too many children, had to sell my cammed v8 beast and buy a Kluger (7 seater).

Great engine (3.5 V6 - 218KW, 350NM - 2GR-FKS, 8 Speed Gearbox)..... Decided nup I wanna have a crack at tuning it as it's pretty rich on full throttle and uses a bit of fuel if you drive it hardish week to week, I waited a while for HP Tuners .... but they weren't interested in supporting it, I can understand not many family 7 seaters get tuned.

So I went and bought some software from another company that do support it..... *eek*. There was no demo, no trial, no ability to see how it worked or anything before paying for it and it was pretty expensive as well. Coming from a HP Tuners world with VCM Suite and Scanner..... I was a little shocked when I got it, it needs work.

Hopefully HP Tuners will one day support my engine as well.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 11-18-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

That aside anyone got any tips on tuning the Toyota 3.5's? .....

I can see it has three main timing tables (base/high-low knock which is probably high-low octane). It has a retart table etc, a weird bunch of AFR for PE type tables. I can see it has Optimial Torque, Airload Calculators etc.

So the goals are simple......... Faster Throttle, more timing to improve MPG and also top end if it will take more, adjusting the WOT enrichment to save fuel and get more power.... and just generally improve low down torque.

The airload tables I figure help with throttle opening, it does have other throttle tables that will help.... But yes if anyone's worked with the Toyota 3.5's on any level... and advice would be great, I'm used to LS based V8's and some of the GM V6's which are different.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.