Thread: E38 LS3 No Spark - Cam Count Sensor not Reading

Tuner in Training

E38 LS3 No Spark - Cam Count Sensor not Reading

I'm trying to start an LS3 swap into a restomod for the first time using a 2015 Camaro E38 ECM. I've done a few of these before and have never had any problems. But I can't seem to get a spark on this one. When I crank the engine over, I get an RPM reading and the injector duty cycle goes to about 4%, but I can't seem to get a spark.

I started logging fuel cut type and cam sensor count and found the following.

1. Fuel cut type is "none" for the first few attempts, but changes to "unknown 00 014" eventually.
    1. The cam sensor count isn't going past 0 (which makes me think this is the issue)

I tried another camshaft position sensor from a running engine and it didn't change anything. I did confirm I have the correct camshaft timing gear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked all your grounds for the motor?
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED

Tuner in Training
    I did check grounds.

I did notice that both pin A and C on the cam position sensor are getting 5v. Is that correct?

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out! The wiring diagram didn?t match the pins on the cam position sensor. I swapped pins A and C and it fired right up.

Potential Tuner
    Digging the grave and I don't care. This was the exact problem I just went through, spent hours going through the entire harness, and verifying pinouts. in the end swapping those to terminals got it going. despite what the pinout in my diagrams state. Thank you

Senior Tuner
    It's very unusual that a cam sensor code will stop a engine from running. Usually it will have a hard start as it's trying to guess which TDC you are on..

I've ran into several GEN 4's lately that will not run over a cam code or pinout issue.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs