Thread: 48re Tuned and all I can say is WOW. Drives like a dream. Thanks Jim P

Tuner in Training

48re Tuned and all I can say is WOW. Drives like a dream. Thanks Jim P

Ive been tuning gm gas for years and ended up diving into the world of diesel after buying a 2004.5 dodge ram cummins. I tried for months to get my transmission to shift and lockup correctly with zero results. Those trucks are the "in between" year models with a tvv cable but with an electronic controlled 48re. At cruise around 45 mph, the truck felt like a slush box and I couldnt get it right. I finally broke down and decided to look to someone else to tune it. Talked to Jim P from here on the forums and he set me up with a tune. All I have to say is Wow. My truck feels like a new Cadillac now. I literally have been driving my 5 ton beast like as if it were a car. This morning at 5 AM, my wife called and told me that if I didnt come home that I would be sleeping outside and it was "either her or the truck". Lol
    All I can say is that I am very pleased with Jim's 48re Transmission tune and would recommend anyone with a 2004.5 dodge ram 48re to talk to him.

Banned
    Thank you for the good review! Happy to hear you are enjoying it! Just remember though, a happy wife is a happy life haha.

Tuner in Training
    Are wives ever really happy when vehicles get involved. lol. She calls my dodge "mistress blue"

Tuner
    Unfortunatelly, he doesn't answer to my messages @Jim P. Are you there ????

Banned
    I?m not providing tuning at this time and not at 1/6th of normal rate, sorry.

Tuner
    @Jim, would you sell your user defined parameters ?

Banned
    No sir

Potential Tuner
    how much do you charge for trans tuning? and does it matter if I have an ATS stage 2 48re?
    05 Dodge ram 3500
    Auto trans Stage 2 ATS with Low Stall Converter
    90 HP DDP injectors
    Phat Shaft 80mm turbo
    5 in turbo back exhaust
    AFE cold air intake and intake horn
    and big intercooler