Thread: aem 30-0334 and mpvi2 not connecting

Potential Tuner

aem 30-0334 and mpvi2 not connecting

hello just bought mpvi2 and aem 30-0334 gauge works fine but when i try to hook up to scanner all i get is a wrench with circle and line through it. when i hit record the aem disappears and no value. now my ? is do i need pro version. i am using a 2012 tahoe with 5.3

Tuner in Training
    I'm having a very similar issue, so I don't want to start a new thread. I have an AEM 30-0334 in a 2005 mustang. The car isn't CAN capable so I'm trying to read the gauge with the prolink cable and pro feature set.

First I wired the gauge directly to the prolink's CAN high and CAN low, that didn't work. Then I wired the gauge as an analog input, that also didn't work.

With the gauge wired for analog, I tested the output with a meter and I was reading the correct voltage at the meter. I think the gauge is fine, VCMscanner will not read anything however.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have a 30-0334 and a non-CAN vehicle, you are better off having it re-flashed back to 30-0300 firmware. Once you do that, you can use the CAN inputs on the prolink with the gauge CAN lines. That is a better interface than the OBD2 method, anyway.