Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TT Gen 1 coyote erratic lambda/afr readings

TT Gen 1 coyote erratic lambda/afr readings

I am having a similar issue. TT 60mm 2012 coyote, lu47#, billet opg and crank gears (done and started , ran great). Then tt kit installed. Was having a bad hunting idle, anywhere from 1000rpm -400rpm swing. Scaled maf by measuring stock intake vs aftermarket. Issue is I have a very unstable afr/lambda. Lamda swings from 0.65 - 1.5 according to factory wideband and aftermarket wb on closed loop. On cold starts car idle at 11.5 afr and gradually leans out, by the time it switches to closed loop afr is all over the place roughly 1 minute later. I have applied stft - ltft corrections to maf vs period with it still pulling fuel around idle range anywhere from -2 - -30 depending on how bad the idle dips. Flange temp, o2 sensor, decel fuel cut off disabled (enable rpm set 7000). WOT lambda table set at 1.00. Cylair anti diasabled. Cot over temp disabled ( think I have covered all necessary sensors to be disabled). No matter how many time I apply the stft - ltft corrections to the maf vs period I still have erratic lambda/afr readings. Any suggestions?

Tuner
    Don’t forget we need the Stock and current tune files along with the log files to help out.

Bad MAF curve or bad injector data

bad injector data i am certain. I was having an issue understanding how the multipliers worked for voltage offsets etc.. now i know you just copy and paste with known good data. my confusion was when copying data i thought you literally had to take the multipliers supplied ( by said manufacturer) to multiply by the stock table in a tune file. I was wrong. you simply just copy and past. another confusion was example injector breakpoint multiplier when doing the multiplier my tune file ( my stock file) on the column axis starts @ 40 vs other files i looked @ start @ 39.2.

I believe i have gotten the problem resolved. I do appreciate the comment and willingness to help a noob.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    glad you got that issue solved, but you are pushing your luck with those LU47s.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    glad you got that issue solved, but you are pushing your luck with those LU47s.
    Not really, turbo on coyote with 47's making good power on 93 and plenty of juice left.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Not really, turbo on coyote with 47's making good power on 93 and plenty of juice left.
    i agree, but lets say it has a blower not easy to change your boost. with a turbo charger, there sometimes a itch to want more lol
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    i agree, but lets say it has a blower not easy to change your boost. with a turbo charger, there sometimes a itch to want more lol
    Actually it's the other way around.

Some say turbo need more fuel than blower? Who decided that? From my experience its completely opposite.

Our turbo setups NEVER over-boost - if you can't keep your desired boost level then your turbo was never designed properly.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Actually it's the other way around.

Some say turbo need more fuel than blower? Who decided that? From my experience its completely opposite.

Our turbo setups NEVER over-boost - if you can't keep your desired boost level then your turbo was never designed properly.
    I think what he is saying is it is easy to hit an up button on a boost controller than take a belt off swap a pulley and put a belt back on.

Looking at getting fic or id1000s

tune file

MAF PT 3 (SMOOTHED) -10% 12-20-2020.hpt just want someone to verify the fuel injector data is correct for lu47 ( currently working on getting fic 1000 or id1000) HOLIDAYS! Also while im trying to log maf pid i am getting no readings. when i attach the pid for hertz it reads. from my understand the maf is read in volts for coyote. trying to log maf.

stock tune file

attached current tune file ( lower in this thread). here is stock tune file.2012 mustang gt #1.hpt <- stock tune file

Last edited by SuperMuscleStang2019; 12-20-2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: files not correct

MAF (STOCK MAF) 2 12-20-2020.hptmaf scanner 2.hpl this is log file with multiply by % 1/2. still has a huge lambda swing when going into closed loop. car in both tunes idles rich and leans out but as soon as it does it goes into closed loop and starts its crap.

disregard the attached files box

Senior Tuner
    I didn't look at tune but this post had me curious so I looked at the log and I don't think this is a tuning problem but something else going on

Any suggestions. Because trims are with in are good. But I have no freaking idea.

Im wondering if its a spark plug issue.

Senior Tuner
    O2 sensor wires plugged in backwards or something maybe meaning the banks are switched. You said it idles fine until it starts making corrections then freaks out right?