Thread: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 4.6 to 5.1

Potential Tuner

Question 2001 Mustang Bullitt 4.6 to 5.1

just getting into the know how of Hp tuners with all this covid going on. i thought it would be a good idea to learn how to adjust some stuff on my car slowly. any advice or tips would be great i have a 2001 Ford mustang stroked out from its 4.6 to a 5.1 fitted with stage 3 cams upgraded rods & knotched pistons. upgraded fuel pump looking to at least get a base tune any advice or tips would great

this is the first scan i have of the car bullitt moring dive.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Those ecu are pretty straight forward to tune. With your setup your gonna want to spend a lot of time dialing in your volumetric efficiency, I havent tuned one of those in so long I dont remember what the files look like. I will say I was put in my place pretty hard yesterday by more experinced guys, so just take anything that Veefour and murfie say and apply it. Theyve tuned a bunch of cars and most likely know what they're talking about. secondly, always always post the tune as well if youre wanting help with it.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    By VE he means the failed load table for transient fueling. Its still a mass air setup.

They are simple to dial in shouldnt have any problems.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Those ecu are pretty straight forward to tune. With your setup your gonna want to spend a lot of time dialing in your volumetric efficiency, I havent tuned one of those in so long I dont remember what the files look like. I will say I was put in my place pretty hard yesterday by more experinced guys, so just take anything that Veefour and murfie say and apply it. Theyve tuned a bunch of cars and most likely know what they're talking about. secondly, always always post the tune as well if youre wanting help with it.

awesome man thanks for the reply really appreciate it the car runs good for the most part but under acceleration it bogs them bucks like bat out of hell. & where would i find there forms to get some info

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas2vbullitt View Post
    awesome man thanks for the reply really appreciate it the car runs good for the most part but under acceleration it bogs them bucks like bat out of hell. & where would i find there forms to get some info
    Check out decipha page efidynotuning.com he has a lot of really good info about tuning the ecu your car has. It?s a lot of reading but he took his time to right it up when he didn?t have to. Definitely take advantage of it.

Potential Tuner
    Check out decipha page efidynotuning.com he has a lot of really good info about tuning the ecu your car has. It?s a lot of reading but he took his time to right it up when he didn?t have to. Definitely take advantage of it.
    yeah ive done some datalogging but everytime i try to scan it freezes up on me this is the only vcm scanner sample of the start up of the car till i drove to work is there anyway anyone can tell me whats going on ive seen that the car is lean under 2400RPMs & after 3K it bucks like a wild horse so im trying to see how i can safely add fuel ive read a bit saying that all factory tunes are already rich but considering the car has stage 3 cams i need to add fuel safely but im still trying to figure that out on the editor.bullitt moring dive.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    yeah ive done some datalogging but everytime i try to scan it freezes up on me this is the only vcm scanner sample of the start up of the car till i drove to work is there anyway anyone can tell me whats going on ive seen that the car is lean under 2400RPMs & after 3K it bucks like a wild horse so im trying to see how i can safely add fuel ive read a bit saying that all factory tunes are already rich but considering the car has stage 3 cams i need to add fuel safely but im still trying to figure that out on the editor.bullitt moring dive.hpl
    Are you using an mpvi-2 or an mpvi1 also what update are you. Also if you?re using an mpvi2 don?t use the blue tooth to log sometimes it likes to freeze. Maybe private message decipha and get a base tune they?re $100 I believe and it will give you a strong starting point

Potential Tuner
    Are you using an mpvi-2 or an mpvi1 also what update are you. Also if you?re using an mpvi2 don?t use the blue tooth to log sometimes it likes to freeze. Maybe private message decipha and get a base tune they?re $100 I believe and it will give you a strong starting point
    yeah i have the new updated mpvi-2 i cant quite figure it out why my antitheft system triggers when i start scanning the car i go down the road & the pats system kicks in & stops the whole car till i dissconnect from that battery ? but definitely thanks for the replys on christmas eve thank you. & i forsure will message decipha.

Potential Tuner
    ive looked at the editor for the 99-04 on hp tuners & it says i am able to disable the PATS system is that true & or can it be the reason why iam geting the car going into anti-theft mode while i have the scanner running but it wont do that for any other car ?

Advanced Tuner
    ive looked at the editor for the 99-04 on hp tuners & it says i am able to disable the PATS system is that true & or can it be the reason why iam geting the car going into anti-theft mode while i have the scanner running but it wont do that for any other car ?
    I?m not familiar with that issue, you could give it a try and see what happens

Potential Tuner
    I?m not familiar with that issue, you could give it a try and see what happens
    yeah no didnt solve the issuse i dont know why the scanner will trigger the antitheft on the car but wont happen on any other car ?